Snow scene

Great picture of the cougar! That's very exciting. :)

If you have more pictures or stories we have a 'wildlife sightings' thread over in the Animals & Wildlife forum, if you'd like to contribute! Just here :)
I just went over there and posted. Thank you for inviting me. I tend to run on and on but that's because I do a lot of interacting on my laptop with friends far away since this is a small place and I don't get out much thanks to the covid thing. I got covid over a year ago and have been dealing with after-effects, including two blood transfusions and a couple other procedures since then, so I don't want to get it again.

I’m so jealous! I see deer, small mammals, coyote, owls and hawks in addition to geese and great blue heron (my favorite). There are many snakes and other reptiles and amphibians. There have been numerous bear sightings near me lately. The Joro spiders are taking over and I find them fascinating, beautiful creatures. I live in northwest Georgia near where the foothills begin.

I’m so jealous! I see deer, small mammals, coyote, owls and hawks in addition to geese and great blue heron (my favorite). There are many snakes and other reptiles and amphibians. There have been numerous bear sightings near me lately. The Joro spiders are taking over and I find them fascinating, beautiful creatures. I live in northwest Georgia near where the foothills begin.
It sounds like you live in a lovely area, though, to be seeing so many wonderful animals.

We've just had wolves "repatriated" here and the last report I saw said they'd been seen in a county just south of ours. Since we have miles and miles and miles of timber here between us and them, I'm sure they're spreading out and coming closer.

When I was a little girl I lived in southern Oregon and we'd hear coyotes every night as well as seeing bobcats and cougars and woodpeckers and all sorts of wildlife. Deer and elk, too. A friend of ours had a half bobcat/half domestic cat as a pet and my aunt and uncle had a coyote/dog mix. In those days, wildlife and domestic animals commonly produced these "love children". They didn't make good pets. though, because they were half wild and acted it. There haven't been any coyotes in this area of Oregon for years and the deer have all moved to towns in the valley, it seems. lol We do have a herd of elk up here, though.

It sounds like you live in a lovely area, though, to be seeing so many wonderful animals.

We've just had wolves "repatriated" here and the last report I saw said they'd been seen in a county just south of ours. Since we have miles and miles and miles of timber here between us and them, I'm sure they're spreading out and coming closer.

When I was a little girl I lived in southern Oregon and we'd hear coyotes every night as well as seeing bobcats and cougars and woodpeckers and all sorts of wildlife. Deer and elk, too. A friend of ours had a half bobcat/half domestic cat as a pet and my aunt and uncle had a coyote/dog mix. In those days, wildlife and domestic animals commonly produced these "love children". They didn't make good pets. though, because they were half wild and acted it. There haven't been any coyotes in this area of Oregon for years and the deer have all moved to towns in the valley, it seems. lol We do have a herd of elk up here, though.
More jealousy! Appreciate anywhere I am though and the fascination of nature just means slowing down and opening your eyes. I used to lead groups in nature journaling as part of my work and loved that. Kelley and Wilson’s work on biophilia is illuminating.

Back