Longstock – Bridges

Arnie

mini-Longstock2_2.JPG

Another go at water and the bridges between islands at Longstock, although this scene is somewhat imagined.
I ended up using some the opaque colours, and white gouache to overpaint some details.
C&C Appreciated. Thanks for looking. Arnie
Watercolour: Sennelier/White Nights on Kahandi Rough board 15x11 inches.

You made some beautiful effects in the water, Arnie, sort of an Odilon Redon feel to me! Very nice piece!

View attachment 32872
Another go at water and the bridges between islands at Longstock, although this scene is somewhat imagined.
I ended up using some the opaque colours, and white gouache to overpaint some details.
C&C Appreciated. Thanks for looking. Arnie
Watercolour: Sennelier/White Nights on Kahandi Rough board 15x11 inches.
Well done! the dark purple/teal green combo at the bottom is amazing- and allowed you to make the water iris all blue which is perfect! Much softer transitions between "things" like the bank or a bridge, and, of course, your background stays firmly back- really good work spatially.

But your adventure with colour at the bottom is the star- well done!

Well done! the dark purple/teal green combo at the bottom is amazing- and allowed you to make the water iris all blue which is perfect! Much softer transitions between "things" like the bank or a bridge, and, of course, your background stays firmly back- really good work spatially.

But your adventure with colour at the bottom is the star- well done!
Thanks JStarr - yes I enjoyed playing with colour at the bottom. Thanks Arnie

Oh, wow! This is gorgeous! I'm so attracted to the pink and the water. It gives me such inspired feelings. I love your style so much! ♥️

Oh, wow! This is gorgeous! I'm so attracted to the pink and the water. It gives me such inspired feelings. I love your style so much! ♥️
Thanks Ayin, and congratulations to you on your recent award. To go with all the others!(y)

Another beauty! I love those colours in the water - I would just end up with mud if I tried that! Love those blue flowers on the left too.

Thanks Kay.
Another beauty! I love those colours in the water - I would just end up with mud if I tried that! Love those blue flowers on the left too.
Yes - I spend a lot of time erasing - but I now think of it as just part of my 'technique':)

Back