Skeleton Barn

Kyle Martin

Hi Everyone,
I took my chance to create one last painting of this old barn while it was being taken down. I have painted this barn a few times through the years, and now it is gone. There are countless barns and old sheds that have been taken down in my area of Wisconsin. As my painting teacher once said, we are painting a passing landscape.

IMG_1061.jpeg

30”x40” oil on canvas

Last edited:
Really nice. Especially as you recorded a piece of history that would disappear. Really nice light.

What a great painting! I love your style and subject matters so much. Your paintings are always bold and fearless

Wow! GREAT piece! I love that you painted this as your subject. I very much enjoyed driving through WI and seeing all the dilapidated barns along the countryside. There's a certain aesthetic about them. You have captured that here. I love the way you have painted this in your marks and gestures. Excellent. ♥️

You did excellent work on that old barn, Kyle, and thanks for another video! I was amazed at how much your last painting changed when you put the sky color in at the end; it brought a lot of life to the whole piece. It's sad that barns of that era are disappearing so I'm glad you're documenting their existence while you can. Hopefully that beautiful old barn wood is being used elsewhere.

What a heroic piece. And a great video too! Would be cool if you could make a frame for it using wood that came from the barn.

Hi Everyone,
I took my chance to create one last painting of this old barn while it was being taken down. I have painted this barn a few times through the years, and now it is gone. There are countless barns and old sheds that have been taken down in my area of Wisconsin. As my painting teacher once said, we are painting a passing landscape.

View attachment 33597
30”x40” oil on canvas

This is marvelous work! I really love your warm/cool push/pull- not to mention your excellent control of shapes. Well done!

Back