Serendipity

trufflecat

One from a recent series of abstract landscapes. 18x24 oil. Let me know what you think! Thanks.

Serendipity 800.jpg

This combines abstraction with landscape elements so well, Susan! I love the stripes and the story that each one contains as well as the colorful impact it makes from a distance.

I love all the different layers and contrasting colours. There's plenty to look at and explore too. Good work!

You make this look easy - and I know it isn't! Your layers are intriguing and really draw me in to study them. Beautifully done!

Nice job. This is one of those paintings that presents so much detail you see something new with subsequent views. I especially like the orange sky.

Oh wow! You're really onto something here. I love this as an all-original perspective on the abstract landscape. It's got such an intriguing style. It's really well done too. Such cool work!!!! ♥️

Thanks everyone for your gracious comments! I'm glad you like the style because I have a lot of fun with it. I never know what features are going to appear. In this one, a small red stripe turned into a barn, and that made me think it needed some "sheep" so they walked into the scene. Hence the title.

Very cool representational style, trufflecat! It's like a landscape scene from a plane... it would make a great jigsaw puzzle!

I mostly agree with all the above, and I enjoy looking at this except for two small nits: I find the angular forms jarring, esp the one on V. right. The one near the bottom is not as much. My eye keeps being pulled to the one on the right. It might not be with just the rectangular shape, but the "bow" part really grabs me...
Style, hues, all else, wonderful. :)

Hostajunkie - I never thought of it as an aerial view - how interesting. Thanks for your comments!
NTL - Keep those 'nits' coming. I find them very useful. I see what you mean about the angular shapes. I didn't notice them jumping out before and I wonder if it's some effect from the photo. I'll study the painting again with this in mind. Thanks so much for all of your comments, really appreciated!

Back