Still Working On The Human

Enyaw

namuh
Needleworker.jpg

Brit.jpg

Both 11 x 14 inches .. oil on paper .. alla prima .. painted Mar 14/24
The Needle Worker was a piece of a piece from Public Domain and second, The Sulk, was from a photo of my granddaugher when she was about 4. She was sulking over something and I got a photo of her. Not 100 % as I got the nose a little off. Unlike a landscape you need to get the look right no matter the coloring.
I will go back and do a few more landscapes to let these settle into my physc and then I will try again on different models to find my way with the human form.

Last edited:
Wayne, how did you get ahead of us all and get into March before us? ;) These are really very good.❤️❤️

Thank you John. I figured it was time to learn something new. I almost gave up after the first few but I figured there is only one way…paint, paint, and paint again, paint untill I figure it out. The one drawback is I only have one life and I am on the wrong side of the dial. 🙂

Thank you Ayin. Getting over the fear of failing is the most difficult part. When I can toss that oof my back and paint, to my surprise I can. We are all the same. I look at the masters and certainly less than 1 in 10 until they finally got it right time after time.

These are both good - especially the one of your granddaughter. I'm excited to see you focusing on these portraits. ❤️

Glad you've returned to our regularly scheduled space-time continuum. 🤪

Thank you Terri. I am gaining some confidence in the matter. no sue if that is a good or bad thing. I gotta stop that time travel it’s unraveling my mind.

Thank you Ayin. Getting over the fear of failing is the most difficult part. When I can toss that oof my back and paint, to my surprise I can. We are all the same. I look at the masters and certainly less than 1 in 10 until they finally got it right time after time.
I think that is THE key to being a great artist--getting over that fear. Let me know how you do it so I can partake! :ROFLMAO:

Back