Scavenger Hunt from Life #66: Apr 24 - May 2, 2023

Joan - thank you for answering my greens question. Sap green it is. Lovely work on the Dean's Seafood building :)

Thanks Ai, EP and Joan. Tacos and breakfast are good any time of day. In New Mexico, tacos are made with corn tortillas, crispy. Flour tortillas wrapped around a filling are burritos. Here in Texas most tacos are flour tortillas wrapped around the filling. I was surprised the first time I ordered tacos and they came on flour tortillas. I have learned to ask. Ha.

Joan, you find the most interesting places and items. Great bike. The seafood place is what I think of as a typical seafood restaurant. The wheels is an excellent find.

I sketched at my easel in my study. I like still life. Like plein air, you have to look for the light and shadows and not worry about photos. Another reason to like the Hunts! I wiped off the books with paper towel and wet with alcohol and wiped the rough UArt paper off with another paper towel. A variety of hard and soft pastels. About an hour or a bit more. About 9 x 12 inches. (Photos on my blog)
Number 5, kitchen tool, challenge more than one and still life.
csshfl66kitchen-tools.jpg

Greetings art buddies,

Ai - neat-O list . Like the way you attached challenges to particular items.

Love yous all’s art. Not time to comment but I hope to draw some . Hospice started coming last week. My hubby is fourth stage kidney disease. I really missed you all. Rock steady and keep sketching’.

Dear Robin, sigh, such a hard time for you. Thinking of you with love and caring. Blessings going your way. Many hugs and prayers.

Lovely morning on the porch. Folks walking the trail and have plastic bags to pick blackberries. Several groups so I did a compiliation of sorts. The man looks like he is falling down, got his far leg behind him. Ha.
Number 6, all the people - with challenge of more than one, in the Ohuhu sketchbook about 6 x 6 inches with Micron 03 and watercolor

csshfl66people.jpg

Joan: Thanks... Great work on that barn I can feel the coming of spring
yeah,, Nice two and four wheel find another sign of spring with all the bikes out.

Ai: Thanks...

Jo: Thanks.. good find for one wheel and that unique to town could be used for Tasty
I bet love Tex-Mex food... cant think of any food I don't like. Both ink sketches
well done. Neat capture of rain and something that calms you good ideas and well done.
The kitchen tools pastel sketch is great love the color the pastels look so soft
Great job on all the people. That family looks to be having a nice outing in the field.

Eyepaint: You are pulling out all the math mnemonics wow very good. The only math mnemonic I recall is
SOH-CAH-TOA ( pronounced “soak a toe-uh” ) was suppose to be the name on an Indian Chief.

I made up one on the planets to help me recall the planets from closest to furthest
from the sun: " My very excitable Mal just suns. Mercury, Venus, Earth,
Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune.

Robin: sorry to hear your circumstances stay strong... take my hug too

My earlier sketches just posting now:

1. Pen (Challenge #1 … your pen collection)
2. Made from plastic -- plastic bag used to hold my micron pens
3. Related to light -- small desk lamp at my PC
4. Submitted earlier
5. Unique to your city or town --- Boston Bruins Hockey Flag... hanging on our house ---- tough Stanley Cup round 1 very close 3-3 with game 7 coming Sunday. The Florida Panthers have made this an exciting but frustrating round for Boston. If I hear the names Bennet, Tkachuk, and Montour one more time I am jumping out the window (kidding) but those guys are making the Bruins path to the finals
a fitting challenge for sure.
6: Tasty --- Honey Crisp Apple

Hunt66.jpg

Paul, love your sketches. Pens are so fun to see. I like your light. Ah, playoffs are hard. We know nothing of hockey so will root for your Bruins tomorrow! Gene's favorite apples are Honey Crisp so this makes me think to make him a snack. I'm pleased not to have to have lists to remember things. I'm definitely not into learning something new. I'm going to have to get a new phone or battery if they even make batteries for my phone which is an iPhone 6+ which came out in 2015. Mine is a hand me down from my daughter so was probably in the first releases. She always gets the latest gadgets. I dread this. We did get AT&T fiber which is a big boost in speed and should be more reliable than satellites in storms. Cheaper, too. Nice for my new computer. Should sketch and quit the chit chat. Ha.

Paul: Thanks for kind words to others... Fantastic set of sketches... Wow on your pen collection. The dark lamp is very good.

Jo: Love your burrito and taco trivia ... I also wonder what Tex-Mex means, and if it was in California... how do you call that Cal-Mex ? .... Very well done on the group of people. I give you extra applaud for colors.

Robin: Thanks for stopping by... So sorry to hear of your tough time.... Hugs from me. I hope artworks help keep you at peace regardless if you can share your art here or not.

EP, glad the green info helped.

Jo, thanks. I don't know if the seafood place is just a market or a restaurant too. It may be just a market. Funny, but here you rarely see corn tortillas on the menu anywhere. Maybe you have to ask. Really nice job on the kitchen tools. Love that vibrant red and the highlights. Good sketch with the people. Our weather has been lousy so I haven't been around too many people to sketch, except for at a belated birthday dinner for Jerry last night and it was too hectic to think about sketching.

Ai, thank you.

Robin, I'm so sorry to hear about your hubby's illness. Wishing you both the best through this tough time. Savor the time you have together. Sending good vibes and prayers your way. ((Hugs!!))

Paul, thanks. Hope your team comes thru!!! Nice sketch of their flag. Nice collection of inks and your desk lamp I'm sure comes in very handy. Looks like you sketched most of your kitchen tools. Bravo!

I got a bit distracted with things that I was doing recently and lost track of what I had posted. I hope I don't do any duplicates.

8 - challenge 1 - pen collection (just a small part) - watercolors and ink These are in a case that I keep in my backpack. I have 3 Lamy pens in there...red outside is waterproof black, navy outside is waterproof grey, turquoise outside is water-soluble brown ink...then there is a fude pen with waterproof black and a few assorted Micron (black & orange) and Signo pens in white and gold. Looks like my red ink pen is missing.

IMG_2284.jpeg

9 - challenge #2 kitchen tools - water-soluble ink

IMG_2282.jpeg

Jo - love love love the colours on your kitchen tools! Particularly the green spoon on the right :)
How lovely you can see that view from your porch!
Paul - oh yes Soh-ca-to-ha - I think that is someing to do with angles/triangles like sine, cosine, and tangent. Yes it is. Hooray for memory! https://www.mathsisfun.com/algebra/sohcahtoa.html Your planets phrase is so fun. For chemistry, I remember "acid to water - you're doing what you ought-ta; water to acid - your sleep will be long and placid" https://www.lucysnyder.com/index.php/do-like-you-oughta-add-acid-to-water/ Yahoo the pens are so colourful - wonderful! Look at all those kitchen tools!
Joan - yaay - I have some new colours of watercolour and I was making swatches and thinking about you (tho I ordered colours before I asked you .... so I will make greens from what I Have on hand now) Yahoo look at the pen bin with the story of which type of ink is in which pen. Yahoo kitchen tools! I should work on a sketch of mine.

EP, thanks. My Lamys are my favorite pens in my collection. I always look at the colors of the barrels and want more of them. lol

I went out for a little while but it was raining...which is a good thing.

11 - good for the green earth (raindrops) - watercolors and ink
12 - one steering wheel

IMG_2294 (1).jpeg

12 - unique to my country (flag) - watercolors and ink

IMG_2296.jpeg

Joan - yaay steering wheel :)

I've got some sketches - Ink, 5x8" page.

4. (some of my collection of...) pens

hunt66-02.jpg

5. kitchen tools

hunt66-03.jpg

Cheers,

Paul, clever arrangement of your kitchen tools. Lots of interesting things with nice lines. Even a potholder!

Joan, love the pens and case. You are pretty organized. Kitchen tools nice in the ceramic container. It rained enough for umbrellas. Nice job on the steering wheel. Always love a flag. You accomplished a lot.

EP, you came back with a great assortment of pens. Love your colorful tools as well. What is the pink one for? May be part of an electric hand blender?

I didn't sketch today, not sure why. Nice to see y'all here.

I am kind of slow after our big US trip... So I am trying to get back on sketching using MS-paint with a stylus on Microsoft SurfacePro.

#2 2-wheel
MicrosoftTeams-image (1).jpg

#3 4-wheel
MicrosoftTeams-image.jpg

#4 ... sub. "imagine all the people" ... with our heirloom tubtoys... about 1 hour

may1_p3.jpg

Back