Scavenger Hunt from Life #6: Dec 20 - 28

Thanks Joe F, Robin, Sue for your comments.

Joan, love your 3 elves. What an adorable Christmas card. Nice onion, blueberries and ornament. Love your beach scenes. It reminds me of some of our walks along the beaches in NJ.

Joe1, nice crochet angel. What a challenge you chose! Nice work on the pagina portrait. I notice a problem with the placement of the eyes though. They are too horizontal. When I am drawing a portrait in this position, I draw a light line down the center of her face through the nose and mouth, then I draw a light line perpendicular to that. The eyes have to be along that second line.

2021-12-24 14-41_pagina_1.jpg

Jo, I like all of your dogs, especially the Nala in the lower left (better).

I had some time and did a few more sketches. All were done with ink and water-soluble graphite in Stillman & Birn Alpha 6"x8" sketchbook.
#12 Footwear (this looks a little smoother in real life)
#13 Alcohol
SH6-12,13.jpg

#14 Game piece (didn't have any dominoes so used some Scrabble tiles instead)
#15 Numbers
#16 Western (this is stretching things a little, it's a garden hat in a western style)

SH6-14,15,16.jpg

Thanks so much for the fun and kind comments! I look forward to coming here.

joe1lt, I will look at the link of the museum, thanks.

Anne, love your sneaker. I use New Balance shoes. I wondered when someone would use plain alcohol. Lovely job on the bottle. I think the only game we have now besides cards is Scrabble. Clever numbers and good find on the hat. All your shading is so nice.

Number 3, open book - "Daily Painting" by Carol Marine My new Prismacolor markers, they don't blend. Tried blue over yellow and it turned too dark in a Canson mixed media sketchbook so the markers won't bleed through.
Number 4, more your choice - Larry throwing his disc golf and target; and a lady walking her dogs. Sharpie pen in the big Canson regular sketchbook.

csshfl6open-book.jpg

csshflmy-choice.jpg

Robin thank you very much
Ams, thank you very much, this is very helpful to me thanks, I often do line from ear to eyebrow, but not for eyes.
I really like all the drawings you did. very beautiful and I like how you shade.

Jo, the dynamic figures and the colored book are beautiful.

Reactions: ams
Jo, nice open book. Great golf poses.

Thanks for your comments. Shading is my favorite part of drawing and I guess it shows.

#11 free choice ... took Miss Lily to see the dentist at his festive clinic... so while wait...
h6_Freechoice_a.jpg

h6_Freechoice_b.jpg

Anne, thank you. Your shading on the sneaker is great. Nice lines on the bottle of alcohol. I have several bottles around but haven't grabbed one to sketch it. lol Good find for western. Your scrabble tiles look great and so do the numbers!

Jo, nice sketch of your open book. Fun sketches of Larry in motion.

Ai, glad you made good use of your wait time. Cute Santa sketch.

Even though I had an eggplant in the fridge I had to sketch the Brussel sprouts I brought home yesterday.
11 - vegetable - direct watercolor
12 - holiday garland on fence (sub for mistletoe) - watercolors and ink
IMG_9261.jpeg
IMG_9259.jpeg

Ai, love the Santa from the dentist!

Joan, I like Brussel sprouts, especially roasted. Nice direct watercolor. I like the mistletoe sub. So festive.

I see the new Hunt is up. See all y'all there on #7. Yay!

Joe, thanks. The first one wasn't done on such great paper. There was a noticeable difference when I was working.

Jo, Ai, Joe 1, and Robin, thanks so much for your comments!
Not skilled enough to really feel the difference even though on my own practices I can see a difference when done.

Thanks so much for the fun and kind comments! I look forward to coming here.

joe1lt, I will look at the link of the museum, thanks.

Anne, love your sneaker. I use New Balance shoes. I wondered when someone would use plain alcohol. Lovely job on the bottle. I think the only game we have now besides cards is Scrabble. Clever numbers and good find on the hat. All your shading is so nice.

Number 3, open book - "Daily Painting" by Carol Marine My new Prismacolor markers, they don't blend. Tried blue over yellow and it turned too dark in a Canson mixed media sketchbook so the markers won't bleed through.
Number 4, more your choice - Larry throwing his disc golf and target; and a lady walking her dogs. Sharpie pen in the big Canson regular sketchbook.

View attachment 16062

View attachment 16063
Not blending die# not sound good for a potential art tool. Is the Frisbee golf a full time set up? I mean like a permanently course?
Keep sketching
Joe

Thanks Joe F, Robin, Sue for your comments.

Joan, love your 3 elves. What an adorable Christmas card. Nice onion, blueberries and ornament. Love your beach scenes. It reminds me of some of our walks along the beaches in NJ.

Joe1, nice crochet angel. What a challenge you chose! Nice work on the pagina portrait. I notice a problem with the placement of the eyes though. They are too horizontal. When I am drawing a portrait in this position, I draw a light line down the center of her face through the nose and mouth, then I draw a light line perpendicular to that. The eyes have to be along that second line.

View attachment 16044

Jo, I like all of your dogs, especially the Nala in the lower left (better).

I had some time and did a few more sketches. All were done with ink and water-soluble graphite in Stillman & Birn Alpha 6"x8" sketchbook.
#12 Footwear (this looks a little smoother in real life)
#13 Alcohol
View attachment 16045

#14 Game piece (didn't have any dominoes so used some Scrabble tiles instead)
#15 Numbers
#16 Western (this is stretching things a little, it's a garden hat in a western style)

View attachment 16046
Your graphite shading is spot on! And historically we wander from exact finds and go with what we find or use associations to make a match. 😁
Keep sketching
Joe

Anne, thank you. Your shading on the sneaker is great. Nice lines on the bottle of alcohol. I have several bottles around but haven't grabbed one to sketch it. lol Good find for western. Your scrabble tiles look great and so do the numbers!

Jo, nice sketch of your open book. Fun sketches of Larry in motion.

Ai, glad you made good use of your wait time. Cute Santa sketch.

Even though I had an eggplant in the fridge I had to sketch the Brussel sprouts I brought home yesterday.
11 - vegetable - direct watercolor
12 - holiday garland on fence (sub for mistletoe) - watercolors and inkView attachment 16085View attachment 16086
Oh love fresh brussels sprout.…and asparagus but my wife hates both so rarely have either. ☹️ Brussels sprouts and house with fence and garland are both nicely done.
Keep sketching
Joe

Ai, love your santa. Thanks for your comment.

Joan, nice Brussel sprouts. Makes me want some! I like your mistletoe sub. The garlands and bows are very festive. Thanks for your comments on mine.

Robin, you made it! Very impressive. Good job on these quickie sketches. I love your energizer bunny. They used to have such fun commercials featuring this fellow.

Joe F, thanks for the comments and the "ok" to be quite flexible with choice of subject.

Ai, love your santa. Thanks for your comment.

Joan, nice Brussel sprouts. Makes me want some! I like your mistletoe sub. The garlands and bows are very festive. Thanks for your comments on mine.

Robin, you made it! Very impressive. Good job on these quickie sketches. I love your energizer bunny. They used to have such fun commercials featuring this fellow.

Joe F, thanks for the comments and the "ok" to be quite flexible with choice of subject.
Main keys are to have FUN, draw from life and sketch often!
(and you need to sketch and post daily so I can study and drool over your shading.)

Reactions: ams
Back