dice game to sub for dominos
egg+Mexican oregano plant
footwear
gingerbread man recipe card holder
holiday ornament
jingle bracelet
knotted stool pad ties
locked cooking tongs
an improvised mistletoe next to a toeView attachment 15874View attachment 15875View attachment 15876

Wow! Nice work on the challenge to do them in order! I especially love the “egg-plant”! Clever. Made me smile. The hatching on the slippers and jungle bracelet really really drew me. Zoomed in on both to study it.
Keep sketching
Joe

Gosh, so many great sketches. Sorry I can't stop and comment on them all but I've really enjoyed my trip through the seasonal offerings - food, drink, decorations, flowers, what more could a person need. 😄😄😄

Manageed a couple of quickies - tried the graphitint again on some watercolour paper scraps. Both 5 x 7 ish, 20 minutes or so
1. Holly berries - sub for mistletoe which I haven't got in my garden
2, Variegated Ivy - sub for poinsettia

View attachment 15938

View attachment 15939

Nicely done. Botanicals always seem to convey a feeling of relaxation.
Keep sketching
Joe

Joe,
thank you very much, it seems like a great idea, it is something I want to try more, sometimes I try from drawings that I find looking for drawings of master.
this is from painting however, it is written that it is a Venus that he made in 1490, I also tried to draw the head of Venus, because it was on the cover, the cover was the enlarged head, after this, not the I posted that I have not drawn the book, I put it on now

even if it's not from life

Attachments

• 2021-12-24 14-41_pagina_1.jpg
    2021-12-24 14-41_pagina_1.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 109
Merry Christmas to all of you who are celebrating. Sorry I didn't get back to express my wishes earlier, but I was doing a lot of cooking and baking and then we were off visiting. Here is my Christmas card which was done from a painting I did on location at a local flower shop.
View attachment 15967
ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE! Love them!
Joe

Joe,
thank you very much, it seems like a great idea, it is something I want to try more, sometimes I try from drawings that I find looking for drawings of master.
this is from painting however, it is written that it is a Venus that he made in 1490, I also tried to draw the head of Venus, because it was on the cover, the cover was the enlarged head, after this, not the I posted that I have not drawn the book, I put it on now

even if it's not from life
Well it is kind of from life. It was on a real book 😄
Joe

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas.

Sue, I like your holly and ivy. They make me think of the Christmas Carol "The Holly and the Ivy."

I did a few sketches over the past couple of days. All done in my Stillman & Birn Alpha sketchbook (6"x8")

#5 Lock (it's a special lock for our power generator, ink + water-soluble graphite)
#6 Umbrella (ink + neocolor II with water)
#7 Chocolate (ink + watercolor wash)
#8 Berry (blueberries from my morning cereal, ink + watercolor wash)
#9 Veggies (Broccoli and carrots subbed for eggplant, ink + watercolor wash)
#10 Knot (This was a scarf I tied to get a knot and then sketched the whole thing. It was all about values so I used ink + water-soluble graphite. I had a lot of fun with this one. I love to do fabric.)
#11 Open book. (ink + water-soluble graphite)

View attachment 15958 View attachment 15959

All are well done but my favorites are the veggies and the fabulous shading on the ’knot’!
Keep sketching
Joe

Reactions: ams
Many thanks to everyone for your comments.

Nti, nice sketches. Love the gingerbread man!

Ned, nice depiction of the scene on the quarter. It is hard to see all the details on something so small and silver on silver. lol Nice job on the persimmon. The paper probably made it harder to get the orange color. Your boot shows it's age and use nicely. I like the spots that show it is a little worn in places. Nice!

Joe 1, as always I love the sketch of Eeyore. I like your two sketches of the crib. The one in pencil has a nice softness to it.

Jo, nice digital of the cranberry juice bottle. I experienced making tamales for Christmas many years ago when my sister's friend came over to her house in San Diego. Rosie got all of us involved in a massive tamale making party. I remember quite a bit of alcohol being involved too. lol

Anne, lovely drawings. My fav is the tree with the bonus bird feeder. Interesting lock. I like your umbrella tucked in the corner. My favorite of this last group is the knot...so well done on the fabric shading. Nice group in all!

Ai, I hope you are feeling better now from your booster shot. Your plate of food is making me hungry. I haven't had my breakfast yet.

I did a few sketches over the last few days but never got to post them.
6 - veggie - watercolor
7 - ornament (substitute for a game piece) - watercolors and ink
8 - berries - Elegant Writer pen and watercolorsView attachment 15969View attachment 15971View attachment 15970
Hmm is there a Paris story to go with the ornament?

Keep sketching
Joe

NedL, I think the shoe is great. Perspective looks ok. Maybe your foot is shorter thank it looks. Ha.

Ai, thanks for the Christmas card and wishes. I like your choice of items and that you are eating a rice cake for me. You see why I put cream cheese and peanut butter on them. I'm smiling.

joe1lt, nice drawing of the open book. You study art history? I know nothing of art history. The crocheted angel is a lovely keepsake and clever. I like the portrait from the cover, too.

E.J.H., Merry Christmas back to you. Love the artichoke and thanks for joining in the Hunt!

RobinSusan, Great job on the alcohol, I thought someone would draw medicinal alcohol. Ha. Yummy sounding chocolate. The blueberries are so bright. We have that game LCR, we forgot to play. We were playing SkipBo and a rummy game we play with all of us. I like your egg-plant. Fun. Cool and soft looking footwear. Your cool items make me smile. Love the missile-toe. Nice jingle bell and fun ornament. You are so fun, congrats on keeping in the order for the challenge!

Sue, I like your holly. Pretty. We have some yupon which is a type of holly, but it doesn't have berries, I think the plants have male and female and we must not have a female. The ivy is beautifully done.

Anne, wow on the lock. the umbrella is perfect. Yummy cocoa , berries and veggies. The scarf is so good, I could wear it. Love the book, too.

Joan, the little gnomes are precious. Thanks. We do drink the Salty Dogs when making the tamales. We also had margaritas when fixing the other stuff on Friday. Your veggie/onion is super and the blue berries are yummy. Fun ornament.

I finally got quick sketches of the grand-dogs before they left today. We had a houseful and were cooking and playing and drinking and....... Sorry I haven't been here to wish all a Merry Christmas. Hope you all had fantastic times. It sounds like it from reading here.

Thanks to Joe and the rest of you for commenting and keeping the Hunt active. I usually like to do the Christmas Hunt because everyone else is so busy and this year it was me for some reason. Oh well, we had a great time and it looks like you did amazing work without your host!

Number 2, your choice - the grand-dogs. As you know hard to sketch on the move. I got some new Dick Blick marker pens and they soak through the paper of a regular sketchbook, so used those on watercolor paper for this.
Number 2 - your choice

csshfl6chewie-back.jpg

I used a Sharpie pen in the mixed media sketchbook for this one.

csshfl6yourchoice.jpg

And here are some photos of the actual dogs, I don't remember ever posting them. Nala and Chewbacca.
csnala.jpg

cschewie.jpg

Jo, I love the photos and sketches of the granddogs. The house must seem quiet with everyone gone!

NedL, I think the shoe is great. Perspective looks ok. Maybe your foot is shorter thank it looks. Ha.

Ai, thanks for the Christmas card and wishes. I like your choice of items and that you are eating a rice cake for me. You see why I put cream cheese and peanut butter on them. I'm smiling.

joe1lt, nice drawing of the open book. You study art history? I know nothing of art history. The crocheted angel is a lovely keepsake and clever. I like the portrait from the cover, too.

E.J.H., Merry Christmas back to you. Love the artichoke and thanks for joining in the Hunt!

RobinSusan, Great job on the alcohol, I thought someone would draw medicinal alcohol. Ha. Yummy sounding chocolate. The blueberries are so bright. We have that game LCR, we forgot to play. We were playing SkipBo and a rummy game we play with all of us. I like your egg-plant. Fun. Cool and soft looking footwear. Your cool items make me smile. Love the missile-toe. Nice jingle bell and fun ornament. You are so fun, congrats on keeping in the order for the challenge!

Sue, I like your holly. Pretty. We have some yupon which is a type of holly, but it doesn't have berries, I think the plants have male and female and we must not have a female. The ivy is beautifully done.

Anne, wow on the lock. the umbrella is perfect. Yummy cocoa , berries and veggies. The scarf is so good, I could wear it. Love the book, too.

Joan, the little gnomes are precious. Thanks. We do drink the Salty Dogs when making the tamales. We also had margaritas when fixing the other stuff on Friday. Your veggie/onion is super and the blue berries are yummy. Fun ornament.

I finally got quick sketches of the grand-dogs before they left today. We had a houseful and were cooking and playing and drinking and....... Sorry I haven't been here to wish all a Merry Christmas. Hope you all had fantastic times. It sounds like it from reading here.

Thanks to Joe and the rest of you for commenting and keeping the Hunt active. I usually like to do the Christmas Hunt because everyone else is so busy and this year it was me for some reason. Oh well, we had a great time and it looks like you did amazing work without your host!

Number 2, your choice - the grand-dogs. As you know hard to sketch on the move. I got some new Dick Blick marker pens and they soak through the paper of a regular sketchbook, so used those on watercolor paper for this.
Number 2 - your choice

View attachment 15990
I used a Sharpie pen in the mixed media sketchbook for this one.

View attachment 15991

And here are some photos of the actual dogs, I don't remember ever posting them. Nala and Chewbacca.View attachment 15993
View attachment 15994
Even Chewie was drinking? 😂🤣😂

Even Chewie was drinking? 😂🤣😂
Ha, Joe, you noticed. He got some Toto's Pupkila, from Pawston, as opposed to Tito's Tequila from Austin. Very cute and the bottles are so close in design. He liked the toy. I was happy because he was getting in to my toys. I had to cover the shelf where I keep them. Funny dog.

Hope everyone have a great Christmas or holidays.

Joe1: Love your classic art drawing...

Joan: Fantastic dune ... I can feel the sea breeze.

Jo: Thank you. Love all the grandie's pooches .... I esp. love the treat shaped like a bottle... lol

thank you all for the nice words.

Jo, I have never really studied art history, art.
in recent years I have bought some pocket books of some artists that I love very much or that I would like to know a little, I had thought of buying some books on drawing and then I thought that those about some artists could be an addition,,
they make up for something of them and there are images of the paintings. 3 years ago the one on Touluse Latrec, some have few pages, some have more pages and better photographs, 2 books, one on vincent, I had them for many years, as a number of collections released on newsstands. I have still read some of them. in addition to these I have some digital ones, I had seen links on some museum sites,.

I put these links if you like, I think they are beautiful

and also 2 paperback books with photos of the mountains and one with photos of wonders of the world and a book on the sea, with photos, this maybe as references to exercise, the photos of these 2 books are protected by copyright, I didn't have them thought, but it is still to exercise, small but very beautiful photos, there are not many animals but wonderful places, as a child I had collected photos of animals ,, a collection of a few years released in newsstands, concerning cards with photos of animals, the the only complete collection I made, unfortunately 2 days were wasted before I went back to trying to draw, I thought I'd look for some books, in this case as a reference, even if I mostly used the computer or the telephone, but also some books on draw

Jo, you did some very nice drawings, and what beautiful dogs, they are wonderful. Joan, they are two masterpieces, I like them a lot.

Sue- nice shading on the berries, the spring green ivy must be house plant, snug indoors :)

ams- the umbrella pose has all the character of a swanky nightclub cigarette girl...great job on the knotted cloth

joan—cute card and swinging Parisian Santa. Love the zigzag. What Jo said spectacular

joe1. Cool take on the Christmas ornament subtil but draws the viewer in to a gentle touch

Jo — love the pooch sketch...looks like he is thinking about a good hind leg front shoulder scratch..thanks for the photos they look so friendly

Joe, thanks. The first one wasn't done on such great paper. There was a noticeable difference when I was working.

Jo, Ai, Joe 1, and Robin, thanks so much for your comments!

Back