Scavenger Hunt from Life #53-Jan10 - 18

16 - free space - watercolors and ink

IMG_1675.jpeg

Once again I posted a sketch and never hit the "post reply." And now there are so many other posts to comment on.

Ned, thanks for your comments. The only whites I saved were on the dark green fence where I just criss-crossed lines of watercolor. I enjoy sketching places like that. I would love to get inside and closer to some of the things on the other side of the fence. lol Adding the dark ink to your rocks really gave that sketch some nice depth. I often feel that my paintings hit an "ugly" stage and you have to keep going to make them turn out right. That worked well for you.

Robin, thanks for you comments! :) I love the tiger against the decorative headboard and comfy with the soft-looking pillows and quilt. Sweet sketch!

Sylwia, those scissors look so real...and sharp!!! Great job!

Paul, thanks so much. I want to be sketching where you are!!! Aruba sounds so nice at this time of year. Love the sketch on the beach with the colorful water toys. I'll be right there.

Ai, your cupcakes are so cute. It is a shame that they can't last longer. Weren't the girls asking if they could eat them? I would be.

Thanks Joan, Robin, Ned, Paul, Jo, Joe1, Joe, EP, and all for your kind support of my sketches:

Joan: Once, Iris asked me if she can eat it yet... That's why I have to try to sketch them, the same day I got them. ... Your piece of freespace is so awesome, with many cool patterns.

Robin: I enjoy finding things around me to sketch as I don't have many opportinity to go far, esp. during my work busy time. I enjoy our Hunt and cupcakes for now... ;-) I love neighborhood animal too... but they move about so fast .

#6 organics -- I found these flora... dropping on the ground of our Univ. I sketch it before going in my office... done by directwatercolor about 20 min. about 4x5 inch

h53--organics.jpg

Robin: Super cute stuff toy and beautiful antique bed... I did not notice missing left arm... ha.

Thank you for your nice comments on my latest sketch.

Lovely cupcakes AI. They have so adorable decoration. Beautiful “organics” sketch of the tulip tree flower.

Cute tiger Robin. Very nice work on wood texture.

Very nice sketches Paull. I like you added some colour. It made them more lively.

I like the limited palette and textures in this one, Joan.

I have posted the new list
https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-54-jan-18–26-2023.5063/

Joan: Nice idea for free space. I could enjoy sitting our front listening to Cherish the Ladies with a Guinness in one hand and a pencil in the other.

Ai: The form and depth of that tulip makes it look the tulip is really on the paper well done.

Joe: The form of the apple is very well done nice job. Pencil is my favorite go to for drawing.

Thanks guys for all the comments

I wrote these comments yesterday but pulled “a Joan” and never posted them. Will comment on the rest shortly.

Ned - the rock drawings are interesting. The first drawing while the contour lines show some jagged edges the rocks themselves look like they were smoothed by the waves. With the black added the rocks look rough and textured. Your dark comment reminds me of an art teacher I had at the local art guild. He would walk around looking at everyone’s work making comments but ended every review with “Make your darks darker.”

Robin - I tried regular hatching but it did not look soft and fluffy with straight lines so switched to using little loops to convert soft. Was w fine point markers so was limited to lines for shading. Thanks. Definitely an adventure!

Ai - Thanks for the cultural education. Yummy cupcakes. Can the ladies eat them now?

Sylwia - Amazing digital drawing of the scissors. At first look I thought the closed scissor was the drawing and the open pair the model. My jaw dropped when I realized they were both drawn! Jo will probably report me to Gene but all I can think is Awesome!

Paul - Really like the splash of color in a monochrome work. How do you like the Tombow pens? Aruba in January hmm life is tough.

Keep sketching
Joe

Ai - I think the ladies and Tone should get rewards for not eating the cupcake models. They look sweet and delicious

Robin - Is that a daisy afghan on the bed? Did you make it? Love the wood texture. Never noticed the missing arm until looking back after reading your post.

Joe1 - Love the hatching style on the apple.

Joan - Love the old theater. Great detail.

Ai - Beautiful flower. Must be nice to find such beauty walking around campus.

Keep sketching
Joe

14 stack
15 under sink
16 has hole
17 chain
18 makes sound toaster oven bell
19 kitchen “machine” garlic press
20 drawn from directly above- rubber farm boots
21 non organic knife

last page were five min each
997CFF52-1B8D-4AF6-935F-4FAD8C283069.jpeg
4E3CC3FE-5EC5-4FAC-97D0-2F1D8C24EED1.jpeg
FA1010E0-AB04-4DDA-B717-8CDDD27DD65B.jpeg

Robbin nice last minute sketches.... busy busy lady.. That knife looks dangerous, garlic press looks complicated, all well done and quick

Robbin nice last minute sketches.... busy busy lady.. That knife looks dangerous, garlic press looks complicated, all well done and quick
I wrote these comments yesterday but pulled “a Joan” and never posted them. Will comment on the rest shortly.

Ned - the rock drawings are interesting. The first drawing while the contour lines show some jagged edges the rocks themselves look like they were smoothed by the waves. With the black added the rocks look rough and textured. Your dark comment reminds me of an art teacher I had at the local art guild. He would walk around looking at everyone’s work making comments but ended every review with “Make your darks darker.”

Robin - I tried regular hatching but it did not look soft and fluffy with straight lines so switched to using little loops to convert soft. Was w fine point markers so was limited to lines for shading. Thanks. Definitely an adventure!

Ai - Thanks for the cultural education. Yummy cupcakes. Can the ladies eat them now?

Sylwia - Amazing digital drawing of the scissors. At first look I thought the closed scissor was the drawing and the open pair the model. My jaw dropped when I realized they were both drawn! Jo will probably report me to Gene but all I can think is Awesome!

Paul - Really like the splash of color in a monochrome work. How do you like the Tombow pens? Aruba in January hmm life is tough.

Keep sketching
Joe
joe I typically use the micron pens which I like. The Tombow brush pens pens I have will take me a bit to adjust to but they seem fine.. I need a bit more time playing with them before I commit myself to buying more

I got behind, thanks all.

Sylwia, love the tea pot and gnome. So cute and the pot is shiny.The stack with egg timer is so nice. The timer is cute. Wow! The digi scissors are amazing. They look so real.

Robin, love the label and the lamp, cool you caught the shadow in your photo. I like your Tiger and bed headbord. Lovely.

Joan, the paving factory is amazing. Well done!

Ai, you will be busy for sure. Take care and we will see you when you can be here. Your rabbit cupcake is amazing. The second cupcake makes me hungry. Sigh.....The third with the little folks is great.

joe1lt, I have such a hard time not eating my models. Nice job on the chocolate.

Joe, your middle size bear is cute.Yep, hard to sketch with markers. You did well.

Ned, thanks, is your saw red? I should have put color. Your rocks are nice. Yes darks are so important. I am afraid sometimes to use to many so dont! Nice work and beautiful photo.

Paul, welcome back. mmmm, the small is great. Lots of stuff on medium and nice elipses. Love the vacation sketches, so much detail, nice lines and perspective. I don't care for being in the ocean or water b ut your beach makes me want to be there.

We were in Austin all day, so I sketched in the Ohuhu book with Micron 03
Number 6 hard - bottle, Number 7 soft - tissue, Number 8 - tree

csshfl53hard-soft-tree.jpg

Super ink sketches, Robin and Jo.

Jo:
Thanks for kind words.

Robin: Thanks for hosting this one.

Back