Scavenger Hunt from Life#46: Nov 15-23, 2022

AiArts

Welcome to the Hunt... you all !!!

The Hunts were started in 2006 by Jamie Williams Grossman as a way to practice with prompts. Artists have come and gone while forming some lasting friendships. We hope you will join in and tune up your sketching skills. All levels and techniques are welcome. We hope you can have some good times here. You can travel the world seeing the sketches of items at hand by the artists.
If you've participated in at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one we would really appreciate it. You can sign up by posting your name on the current hosting schedule in the Art From Life forum here:
https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-host-sign-up-list.2481/page-4
Here are the rules for the Hunt:
* All everyday common items on the list must be sketched from life - not imagination or photo reference.
* Each object you draw can count for only one item on the listless, no matter how many shapes / parts / colors that object contains. This was agreed on by unanimous vote among the participants.
* You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count these objects as separate items, but no single object can count for more than one item.
* All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you post will be # 1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.
* Do as many or as few of the items as you like. You don't have to finish the entire list to participate. The Scavenger Hunt “week” will last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.
* Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you for each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are welcome.
* Have fun!
*** If you have some hunt sketches completed but little time to read / comment, please post your sketches anyway. Commenting is appreciated but not required

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Scavenger Hunt from Life #46: The list
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Building
Part of home or residence or the whole thing
Furniture
Thing with wheels (Challenge#1 … do 3 things with wheel)
Round
Thing with right angle (Challenge#2, … do 3 things with right angle)
Glass
Wood
Plastic
Paper
Metal
Rock or stone
Kitchenware
Footwear (Challenge #3, … do 3 pairs together)
Unused or hardly used
Used regularly
Animal
Person
Thing with its casting shadow
Make you happy
Can’t live without
You want more of this
Plant or trees or shrub
Leaf (Challenge #4, … do 3 kinds)
Fruits
Food

Thank you for the list @AiArts

Let's start with my No.1 plant. Inktense and graphitint pencils in a self-made sketchbook I did from watercolour paper. The sketchbook has 12 × 15.5 cm.

1668499807129.jpg

Ai, thanks for the new list. Will get to work on it soon.

Sylwia, your plant is lovely! Nice blending of colors.

Ink and highlighter and some graphite, 8.5x11" page.

1. Thing with wheels - challenge 3 items - cart 1, cart 2, wheeled chair
2. Thing with right angles - challenge 3 items - tissue box, stack of index cards, pad of paper
3. furniture - bookcase
4. round - lid for mug
5. glass - mug
hunt46-01.jpg

Cheers,

Very nice sketches @eyepaint. (y)

This week, I will continue with my watercolour paper sketchbook (12 × 15.5 cm).

#1a. plant. Watercolour and inktense pencil for the background.
1668511299053.jpg

Thanks for the list, Ai, I hope I can do a few more.
That's a couple of bloomin' plants for sure, Sylwia. :cool:
Neat-o, eye paint.

And my offering, lamps of many kinds: metal, a glass table lamp, plastic camper lantern, one with a small wood base--the salt lamp. These were all 2 minute sketches.
thumbnail_IMG_6888.jpg

EP, good job on your sketches. You found lots of wheels and right angles...even the bookcase has right angles.

Sylwia, nice work on the plant. You captured that turned/bent leaf really nicely!

ntl, wow...I feel like I'm in a lamp shop with all your variations. Nicely done.

1 - building - watercolors

IMG_1301.jpeg

2 - metal can - watercolors and ink
3 - round bells

IMG_1300.jpeg

Wow..Goodie Goodie..many awesome splashes of art works here ...

#1 thing with its cast shadow ... before I throw my onion in my soup pot.. done in cp about 3x4 inches in size
20221117_092344.jpg

EP, look at you fly, I like your wheels! Great perspective on the chair. I like the colors on the bookcase. Fun glass cup!

Sylwia, I like your plant with the watercolor. Background makes it pop.

ntl, your lamps are perfect and such a great variety. I'm smiling.

Joan, nice building with the lamp post and clock. Lovely Christmas tree can with bells. Mmmmm.

Ai, I admire the onion. They are fun to draw and paint. We don't eat many onions at home so always have to buy them as art objects.

Gene broke a tooth so we had to go to the dentist today. It was amazing, they fixed the tooth, made the crown, and put it in, in just over 2.5 hours. No more impressions and waiting for 3 weeks with a temporary. No restrictions about eating or any of that. Wow. I sketched out the window ... In the ArtStreet sketchbook with a Micron 02.
Number 1, building - the farmers market place
Number 2, plant - in the waiting room
Number 3, rocks - in the wall along side the city hall and some rocks on the building, just over the wall.
csshfl46building.jpg

@ntl – nice collections of lamps. Superb sketched.
@Joan T – lovely watercolours. Love the building. It looks like rainy days.
@AiArts – Seems I'm not the only one who portrayed vegetables before cooking. Superb sketch and shadows.
Great ink sketches @Jo Castillo

Gene broke a tooth so we had to go to the dentist today. It was amazing, they fixed the tooth, made the crown, and put it in, in just over 2.5 hours. No more impressions and waiting for 3 weeks with a temporar
Waiting 3 weeks for the dentist visit could be really painful.

#2 food – some sweets
1668574671950.jpg

Inspiring art works: EP, NTL, Joan, Jo, and Sylwia-D.

NTL: Thanks.... Inspiring set of lamps.... Great to see that you are having fun drawing them.

Jo: Thanks. Great to hear that the dentist can help fix the problem in such a short time. Lovely building and the rock wall.... cute car too... Nice potted plant.

Sylwia: Thanks.... I love to grow/sketch veggie & fruit & plant... Hope to sketch them some more.

Joan: Thanks.... What a fantastic set. I esp. love the metal bucket with flower bells...

EP: Thanks.... Great to see you jump start at the Hunt early....great happy works.... hope to see more of your sketches.

Lurkers: Hello and Thanks for your "like" grab a paper pad + pen + pencils and jump in, please ... We are happy to see your art.

Last edited:
1 use regularly
2. Two type of wheels
3 furniture

On circle chair I copied JoeFl using a pocket notebook, keep it on desk for quick sketches.

Ai thanks for hosting. Like the onion form and color nice. Wow, super pastry direct watercolor is really good

sylwia - nice opening sketch. Love the orchid colors
Ep- sweet wheelers, nice clear sketches

ntl - looks like you had fun tooling around all the lamps.... inspiring

joan - working out with greys....lovely

jo C - perfect little cameos. Each feels so complete and happy
758D5DA9-71F7-4D18-8C25-B196AD5252A9.jpeg
85758AAE-EC0F-4ECE-B7CD-AE1181F5F205.jpeg

Thanks, all.

Sylwia, nice sweets. Yummy.

Ai, mmmm, the peppers are excellent. Also the food. Makes me hungry and I just ate .. breakfast taco. Ha.

Robin, some clever finds. I love the use regularly, And the wheels!! The chair is interesting, I probably couldn't get out of it. Nice lines and hatching.

On the road tomorrow, see how it goes for sketching. Will be with extended family so may not sketch much. Mostly visit.

Later......

Back