Scavenger Hunt from Life#46: Nov 15-23, 2022

I really like everything you posted
1Paper , the candy 2Plastic , the bottle
3Thing with right angle (Challenge#2, … do 3 things with right angle)
4 metal , clip from me too

2022-11-17 18-40_pagina_2.jpg

Ai, the skin on your onion is nicely textured. Your food looks so tasty!!! Thanks for your comment. The metal tin with the decorations was in a plant nursery/flower shop. My plein air group had our last meet up for the season there.

Jo, sorry about Gene's tooth, but how great that it was taken care of in one day! Glad to see you had some good views to sketch while waiting. Good buildings and I see a car that you snuck in there too!

Sylwia, thanks. I don't think I made it intentionally look like it was a rainy day. I have been trying to use up the paints in my plein air palette and so many of them are gritty and dirty. I ordered a new one because this one is cracking, so I don't want to add any new, clean paint. I'll just start out with fresh colors. My blues are so tainted. lol Looks like you've got some yummy treats in their wrappers for us to sample. I hope you are planning to share.

Robin, I love the faucet sketch and am chuckling at your pizza wheel. lol Good sketch of the circle chair too.

Joe, clips, candy and right angles and a plastic bottle. Nice sketches!

4 - trees casting their shadows - direct watercolor

IMG_1307.jpeg

5 - kitchenware - watercolors and ink
6 - things with right angles (packets of tea bags, tea pouch)

IMG_1305.jpeg

Last edited:
Jo: Thanks ....have a safe and fun trip with your family.

Robin: Thanks... love all wheel devices and the furniture. Nice faucet.

Joan: Thanks.... Gorgeous casting shadows and beautiful tea sets.

Joe1: Thanks... I like your looseness, and I agree with Jo...love the sweet and bottle.

Joan, love the tree shadows with the flag included. Lovely tea service and tea . Very fun.
We are on the road in the morning....more down the road.

Nice sketches @joe1It.
Fantastic food selection and depiction @AiArts. I love the colourful fresh peppers and croissant.
@Robin Gillis – very nice. I like the shading on the circle chair. Looks very comfortable.
Looks like you've got some yummy treats in their wrappers for us to sample. I hope you are planning to share.
You're welcome. I have enough of them, so everyone can get some. :) You have some nice kitchenware.

We are heading out to a one night visit to our country cabin... 3 hour drive from Bangkok...We were en route at a nice gas station rest area...I did this sketch.

#4 plants
#5 part of a Japanese restaurant building
#6 stone or rock path + stone Japanese lantern
1668744782274.jpg

1668744782845.jpg

Last edited:
A still-life was set up at our cabin...before I cook some of them up...the flowers are also edible.. all done in directwater

#6 make me happy ... Mountains of BanKha, Thailand, 45 min. from our cabin

20221118_144846.jpg

20221118_144818.jpg

#7 Cant live without -- flowers+ green long Thai gourd veggie combo + duck eggs in a basket... bought from local country market
#8 fruit --a pineapple

20221118_182907.jpg

Sylwia - Nice work on Plants. Thanks for sharing the sweets 😎

Ep - you have lots of ’mobile‘ furniture. Nicely done.

Ntl - Interesting to find a single topic, lamps, that can fill so many hunt items.👍🏽

Joan - You have definitely mastered watercolor. Enjoy studying the house and the holiday still life. Love the shady street and the shading in the tea set.

Ai - well done on the texture of the onion skin. Peppers were nicely done as well. Dinner and a beautiful view. Life is good. 👍🏽

Jo - Nice series. Even one of those tricky cars!

Robin - Excellent hatch work on the faucet! We had floor vents in one of our homes. We liked the forced air heat but Sharon complained that they limited how she could arrange furniture. Thanks for the memory.

Joe1 - You really captured the cellophane wrap on the candy. Well done! Clamp and bottle are nicely done as well.

Keep sketching
Joe

I have been continuing to try to draw daily but working on course and getting ideas for this year’s Christmas card are ‘reasons’ for nit posting.

#1 fruit - Granny Smith apple
CBAD30C7-7459-4298-B2F5-FEB02AE7B788.jpeg

#2 plastic - microwave egg cooker.
8B2EAF83-7AE8-4D21-B272-EE9F787B5247.jpeg

#3 paper - box of tissues
90F643B1-99FA-4AAB-9300-AEF918AE84EC.jpeg

#4 want more of…Hours in a day! - watch
EB391890-5C27-4C17-9573-7FE3AA8E0111.jpeg

All are pen and ink in pocket sketchbook and apologies for last photo. Cloudy day so took indoors with poor lighting.

Keep sketching
Joe

Love seeing everyone’s work. Joe Fl you win best excuses of the hunt inmyhumbleopopion IMHO......maybe you could add in time to spoon with wife for extra excuse credit !!

so glad to see everyone here!

wooden chairs, table, and nest supporting tree - (will send photo of nature sculpture hubbie made before he met me...the lady who dusts the branches and nest.....)

cant live without these delicious choc bars...have a couple squares every even
1A3436E9-8AFC-4CF3-AFB3-8BF1379F92FB.jpeg
2EF60E1A-3FFB-43AC-9228-D26ED0B8CA51.jpeg

I'll post my work first and then return with comments.

Ink and highlighter and some graphite, 8.5x11" page.
6. makes me happy
7. kitchen appliance as a sub for kitchenware
8. wood (pencil)
9. plastic (highlighter)
10. used often (pen)
11. used rarely (eraser)
12. metal (scissors)
13. rock/stone

hunt46-02.jpg

Cheers,

#10 -- I want more of this ... I wish for more sketching time at a cafe, please... done in directwatercolor... this is done at a road side cafe we just discovered next to ChatPaWai Resevoir, not far from our cabin...

h46_Nov17_2022_YouWantMoreOfThis_A.jpg

h46_Nov17_2022_YouWantMoreOfThis_B.jpg

Ep...fun sketches. Love the bits of color. I have elec water kettle like that! I too thought of my “Uke of Happiness”. makes for smiles

sylwia... warm sketch, cool drooping leaf and ”dangerous” candy. Great background...I just need to remember to copycat your background approach adds a lot., thanks for sharing

Ai... cool airy piece. The photo of you in process gives me delicious envy...glad for you taking the time to share with us encouragement.

JoeFl...I am really enjoying the pocket sketch book approach. Maybe you should write a book.

in pocket sketch book
7DB1C993-696A-458B-A2B1-4184C7A0B2AC.jpeg

6 plant
7 three right angles, tile under plant, table top and foot
8. Metal..small metal drum

Robin - Thanks for the nomination. Cashew butter chocolate sounds scrumptious. Nice work on the room-scape and table and plant. Would be a short book. “Buy a pocket sketchbook. Have fun.”

Ai - nice line work on the leaves. Pretty view from your new found café.

EP - Like your selections except for used rarely. I use mine as much as my pencil which is why ink scares me as much as I like it, Nicely done.

Sylwia - Egg in microwave takes 50 seconds. Break the egg in the cooker. Poke the yolk with a fork. Close the lid then pop in microwave top and 50 second later…ready. Like the fruit and candy…you could also have counted the leaf too no?

#5 Used regularly - ink in pocket sketchbook. Sorry but once the idea popped in my head I could not think of anything else.

EB188012-1C65-4E89-BB59-E634C60B6EE7.jpeg

Keep sketching
Joe

Joe: Thank you.... Nice used regularly .... I'm smiling of your description.

Robin: Thank you.... Love the furniture with plant on top sketch. Wonderful charming lines.

Sylwia-D: Thank you... Wonderful orange with leaves and candies with shadow.... Lovely glowing background.

EP: Fun fun set. Love your composition, nice uke...and stationary set

Back