Scavenger Hunt from Life #32: July 17 - July 25

Ai, love the double avocado. Beautiful lines and colors.

I sketched in the 9 x 12 regular paper sketchbook with a Micron 03. Stayed in alphabetical mode.

#4 double - dice from a Left-Right-Center game
#5 empty container - same game
#6 footwear - Gene's bike shoes
#7 garlic

csshfl32double.jpg

#2 zesty -- a yellow noodle bowl with minced pork and a fishball ... done in directwatercolor

h32_zesty.jpg

Ai, Oh, my goodness. Your food is amazing. I want some!! The sketch is good with cheery colors.

I sketched in the regular Canson sketchbook, 9 x 12 inches, regular paper, with a Micron 03.
Number 8 hammer -2 different ones
Number 9 instrument - a rain gauge, temp and humidity
Number 10 jagged - the saw blade and the spaghetti spoon

csshfl32hammer.jpg

I went back and added colored pencil
csshfl32hammer-cp.jpg

Last edited:
Joe1, Jo: Thank you.

Jo: Wow... love the metal tool set. Love the red spatula tool. I like that you show just lines, before adding colors too.

EP, thanks for the info.

Jo, nice watercolor of the tree...good background around the tree branches. I've never made one of those grids with all the colors, and made a color wheel once and promptly put that in the pile of unused materials. lol I have greens on my palette but mix in anything else I have too. You sketched the butter in your dish...nice. Cute elephant. Hope you get a break from the heat...maybe some rain! It has been in the 90s the past few days. I go out in the morning and then hang out in our community pool the rest of the day. Nice still life with that serious hammer. Gotta watch your fingers with that one.

Joe, the only good thing about moving is you get to get rid of a lot of stuff you've accumulated...or else you need to wrap and pack all of it. Maybe I should move more often since we seem to be bulging at the seams.

Angela, good to see you here. Hope to see some sketches.

Ai, your avocado looks so yummy and creamy.

Been lazy sketching, but I'm participating in a paint out this week and next. It has been in the 90s the past few days. I go out in the morning to paint for a while and then hang out in our community pool the rest of the day.

1 - footwear - ink

IMG_0425.jpeg

2 - allergy relieving - ink
3 - butter dish - ink
IMG_0426.jpeg

4 - double - watercolor pencil

tempImageZvjOTI.png

5 - flashlight - ink

IMG_0428.jpeg

6 - jagged fence - direct watercolor
7 - white house

IMG_0422.jpeg

Joan, thanks. Your finds are so cool. Love the jagged and white! Clever on the double and flashlight. All in all a great set of sketches.

Ai, thanks. I do like color and the black and white ink.

Joan: Love the white house and picket fence. Wonderful set of line sketches.

Jo: Thank you.

#4 jagged -- sketch part of gear chain of a mountainbike on display at a cafe en route to our cabin...

20220723_104523.jpg

Hi best beloved art buddies. Gonna try to post from phone but not sure what size it will be,
Fiancé is returning home from rehabilitation (stroke) Monday💕😋❤️
1–white (bedsheets)
2–plastic bed rail
3–empty containers

Robin, nice to see your artwork. Happy your fiance is coming home!! Hospitals and rehab are not the homiest places. Hugs.

I sketched out on the porch in the regular sketchbook, what else?? It is about 90 already so came in. I sketched with a Micron 03 and the Dick Blick gray markers with a touch of the white Gelly roll to cover some bad lines. Ha.

Number 11, keys and number 12 light

csshfl32key-light.jpg

Ai, like your charcoal sketch of the garlic. Super jagged bike gear!!! Thanks for your comment.

Jo, thank ya! Nice job on your keys and flashlight. Good idea to come inside and away from the heat. I have an outdoor art meeting today and am debating if I should go or not. Will be in the low 90s here.

Robin, so glad to hear that your fiancé is returning home. That's so great. I see you got some sketching done while he was in the rehab center. Nice job!

After aquire this cabin#2 lot (about 2.5 hours from Bangkok) since last Nov., I have never done any sketching there. So today was my first plein aire there... hope to have time to go there to do more. Done with Derwent Inktense Blocks ... first drew them dry and finished it off with adding dabs of water.

#5 allergy causing -- grass field
#6 white -- clouds

h32_cabin_b.jpg

h32_cabin_a.jpg
h32_c.jpg

Ai, great way to spend some time. Fun sketch and thanks for the photo.

For some reason I sketched again. On the porch in the regular sketchbook with the Micron 03.
Number 13 mushroom and Number 14 nozzle
Number 15 open book

csshfl32mushroom.jpg

csshfl32openbook.jpg

I forgot to sketch my left hand and added it over the rings of the sketchbook so sort of corrected with the Gelly roll white pen. ???

Last edited:
childhood 1

I redrawEd her old figurine, then I tried to colour it,there is room because I thought I would also draw eeyorey or Mickey, maybe tomorrow
2022-07-24 17-24.jpeg
2022-07-24 18-14.jpeg

Back