Scavenger Hunt from Life #29 -June 23 - July 1

Joe1 - left leaning is result of being right handed. LOL. Like the knobs.

Jo - Wedding gift Thank You card is perfect not a substitute! Hope wedding came before the baby shower.😎 Wine cups are still a good memory.

JennieJo - Love the colors. Good luck on recovery.

Ai - Like the contrast of the fresh flower and the withered version. Did you use the marker to draw the marker?

Keep sketching
Joe

Joe: Thanks ... Yes my blue marker was done with combo of marker+brushpen + wc

Thank you all, also for clarifying on the corners, right hand to draw. Ai, wonderful works, wonderful flowers. Jo, fantastic work.jennijo, nice job, nice colours

Jo, thanks. Yes, I've been into the lavender fields lately. Good idea for wedding related. Love the Peruvian mugs.

Joe, thank you. The East Village is still quite quirky and gritty, but definitely a fun place to sketch even if it doesn't have those silos. lol Your candle holder has some nice highlights.

Joe 1, thanks. I like your yellow cabinet. Looks like a good place to store art supplies. :)

Ai, many thanks. Nice specimen sketches. I love the yellow flower and the highlights on your blue pen.

JennieJo, nice work on that bucket.

9 - relaxes me (smell of lavender) - direct watercolor
IMG_0274.jpeg

10 - summery (outdoor concert) - watercolors and ink

IMG_0285.jpg

Joan - can only imagine the aroma in the air by those fields of lavender. Nicely done. The concert image is great. Makes me wish I was there. Think you have mastered painting people. Proportions, perspective, skin tones …you really got it all.

keep sketching
Joe

Joan: Bravo on the super band and the sweet lavender field... I so envy !!! Great works.

Thanks to all. Ha, Joe on the wedding card.

Ai, your flowers are beautiful and flow. I'm smiling. The treasures are so sweet. I like your brush pen.

Joan, you find so many different things for the Hunts. The summery lavender is super. The pavilion sketch is marvelous. Applause.

I sketched out on the porch in the watercolor sketchbook with a small watercolor set with waterbrush.
Number 12 summery - mowing grass on path.

csshfl29summery.jpg

Jo, summer in Texas and still all that green? Would think it burned to ”poor brown“ by now. 😎

#3 something old - ”Winsor Newton ‘BIJOU’ miniature box of moist water colors”. This was my father’s. I remember him using them in mid-50s but do not know when he bought them. Store label is Pittsburgh PA but could have been bought any where.
Drawn in 8.5x5.5 inch sketchbook using graphite and Lumograph 8B.

A4934318-E8EF-44F2-8DDD-8A1B3DD089B6.jpeg

Keep sketching
Joe

Even have the original box. My father kept it in the box as it was special to him.
13CF3D02-F1A9-46CA-B325-75894B3CEA70.jpeg
1CBDF5BF-1BC9-443C-A9CF-86CC6C76BDC1.jpeg
BA81EC0B-F5EF-41EB-8A08-FE9F05EF5D54.jpeg

One spot is empty but the paints still work.

Last edited:
Jo: Love the mowing in action ... was that the landscaper people ?

Joe: Well done on such a collectible art item.... Sweet memory too.

I am heading out to our faculty annual seminar by the beach hotel 2 hours from Bangkok. I don't know how much sketching possibility I can pack in as we are supposed to have several meetings... ha ha ha.

Joe, thanks. The grass is definitely going brown. Still green around the lakes and we had an inch of rain on Monday I think to freshen it a little. We need much more rain. Oh, I love your story and your paints. What a great memory. Makes me smile tonight.

Ai, thank you. It is the Home Owners Association that keep the paths mowed and the big trimming done. We have that "free" area where no one can build behind us. So nice. Have fun at the meetings, right?? Hope you get a little sketching in.

Hi friends, I will have the next hunt list posted in a few minutes.

I did get some sketching down for this hunt but couldn’t manage to get them posted.....I a sure you know how it goes....

anyway......

Hi friends, I will have the next hunt list posted in a few minutes.

I did get some sketching down for this hunt but couldn’t manage to get them posted.....I a sure you know how it goes....

anyway......
Thanks, Robin. You can post them late we don't mind! Thanks for the new Hunt, I'll go check it out.

My last ones for this Hunt. Very quick sketches on my walk this morning. It was gorgeous out. I sketched in the small travel sketchbook with a new Micron03. I hadn't sketched from this bench, it is sort of on a different path than we take. The path goes to a different street.
Number 13 - bigger than a breadbox. Our house peeking through the trees from the other side of the lake.
Number 14 - something with feathers. An egret and a young blue heron from a distance. Not any detail.

csshfl29bigger-bread.jpg
csshfl29feathers.jpg

Thank you Joe for this Hunt! I never got around to the "yellow". Ha. I had a plan, but.......maybe it will fit in Robin's Hunt.

Thanks so much for your comments, everyone. Doing the sketch of the concert was fun. I spoke to the dancing couple before I left and texted them a copy of the sketch when I got home. They were so excited to see it. I think I made some new friends. lol The band loved it too.

Joe, how cool to have your dad's old set of watercolors. Looks like they were well used. Do you have any of his paintings or sketches? Nice that you were able to sketch it too.

Ai, enjoy the seminar at the beach.

Jo, nice sketches of your area. Glad it was nice enough to spend some time outdoors. I'm laughing at your "yellow" comment.

See everyone in Robin's new hunt.

Jo - Nice landscapes. Good catch on the birds. Like how you used line to show the water in both,

Thanks to all for taking time to comment. I gotta say this zh7ntcseems yo have gone super fast ☹️

keep sketching
Joe

Last post was suppose to say..”I gotta say this Hunt seems to have gone by super fast ☹️

Back