Scavenger Hunt from Life #29 -June 23 - July 1

1 Something natural,flower

2022-06-25 18-16.jpeg

Thanks you all. I do love playing in the dust. Need to do more of that.

Ai, your flowers and fruit are all scrumptious. Just lovely.

joe1lt, we cross posted so I will add this. Your flower blooms are so lovely. They have such natural flowing lines. Well drawn!

Jo - well done. If I ever visit your property I think I'll recognize the views :) Ooh a lovely stack of mugs in pastels. Love the shape and the colours on the mug at the lower left.
Ai - yay the bamboo and thatch cabana is so well done :) Lovely foliage and the photo with your wc sketch kit :)

Ai and jo - both of you created florals in very different styles and mediums. interesting to see the different approaches to similar subjects,

Joe

I sketched in the 9 x 12 regular sketchbook with a Micron 02 at the dining table. I did put them up in my studio to do in pastels and decided I didn't want to work that hard on these items. Lazy me.
Number 5 metal - Gene's Jack Daniels Flask
Number 6 plastic - red plastic cup under flask
Number 7 made of glass - double layer glass glass
Number 8 made of wood - pencil box
Number 9 ceramic - garlic jar
challenge 3 or more items in a composition.
csshfl29metal.jpg

Jo - That is teasing saying you arranged composition for pastel and then draw in ink. I am going to spend all day imagining it in pastels. Nice hatching.

#1 toss up between glass and mug. Will decide which depending on what else I end up sketching. Graphite and Prismacolor pencils in 9x12 in Gray Tone sketchbook.

2FC67E22-A730-4B68-A535-0FCC31E9A0A9.jpeg

Keep sketching
Joe

Ai, the flowers you sketched at the cafe are so lovely!

Joe 1, your flowers are very natural looking. Nicely done!

Jo, your composition of the items is great. Nice hatching on all.

Joe, nice job using the toned paper for the glass mug. Your shading on the glass is great.

Well I finally had a little time to take photos and upload something.
1 - something metal (fire escape) - watercolors and ink
2 - something glass (windows)
3 - something red (umbrella)
4 - something yellow (outside walls of the Latin restaurant)

IMG_0263.jpeg

5 - something natural (lavender) - direct watercolor

IMG_0230.jpeg

6 - bigger than a breadbox (shed) - direct watercolor

IMG_0253.jpeg

7 - something artificial/man-made - direct watercolor

IMG_0255.jpeg

Joe, what could be better? A glass mug. Well done. I'm smiling.

Joan, such a lovely bunch of sketches. Fun cantina with the umbrellas. You do such beautiful scenes. Looks like lavender. Mmmm. The silos are perfect. More smiles.

Joan - Avenue A and 7th? Hmm were you in East Village with sketch group? Lavender fields make you wish for smell art. Love your color palette in this.The silos look great but pretty sure they weren’t in East Village 😎

Jo glad I brought a smile.

Keep sketching
Joe

#2 glass - Decided the first one will count as mug. Wanted to try to get glass look on white paper with graphite. The effect is not as dramatic for sure.

7D34FD84-DF3D-4DB9-925A-9EF1F5ADE7C8.jpeg

Keep sketching

Joe

Thanks, Joe,Jo,Joan, Wonderful job

2 sometig yellow,It's a closet I see while drawing. I see it a bit of a glimpse but it came more inclined, angled

2022-06-27 17-00.jpeg

Joe: Fantastic glass piece

Jo: Love the Jack Daniel piece

Joan: Wow... exceptional works. I can smell lavenders here... You are doing great with scene of shops with people too.

Joe1: Cool touch on delicate flowers. Nice closet.... fun angle though ...

All & Lurkers: Hello.

Joe, what a clever glass candle holder. Well done. Clever find for glass.

joe1lt, I love your yellow doors. My sketches often lean to the left, maybe because we write right handed and it is working on our penmanship. Ha.

I sketched out on the porch. We had some overdue rain yesterday and it was actually cool out.

Number 10 Something wedding related - substitute the thank you cards from wedding and baby shower
Number 11 Something carved or handmade - two little wine cups from Peru, originally terracotta color, now blackish and gunk on them after the 2011 firing. Ha.

csshfl29invite.jpg

csshfl29handmade.jpg

#1 metal, #2 yellow Very short of time ... Quick colour pencil sketch of anodised pot and leaves from plant I'm trying to recover.
IMG_20220629_100235_1-01.jpeg

This morning, I picked up some nature specimen on campus ground and did some sketching in directwatercolor ...banana peel was part of my mobile breakfast though ...lol

Sketches of african tulip tree flowers...
#4 new
#5 old

20220629_091416.jpg

20220629_091347.jpg

#6 I treasure -- flowers and plants and trees ..done with directwatercolor +brushpen
#7 in my purse --done by marker + brushpen + wc

20220629_095700.jpg

Back