Here’s hoping :)

1 has hole- pencil sharpener
2 odd shape- hand vacuum
3 lamp fixture
4 hard stainless steel sink
5 under the sink
FB678461-D41D-442F-93DA-33D2AB498674.jpeg
DBC8EF1C-33EB-45C3-9665-E44EBEF3D9E6.jpeg

Hi Robin, thanks for the list!! I love your sketches.. Good finds. I like the vacuum and under the sink/faucet.

I'll be back with some sketches.

Robin -- thanks for the list! I like the red and blue ink and the different ways you did hatching and texture!

Robin, thanks so much for the new list and starting us off so well! Love the front view of the sharpener showing the holes. I like how you were able to combine the faucet, the light fixture and the underneath the sink all in one sketch.(y) The hand vac is nicely done too.

I did quite a bit of painting since two of my art groups met, and we were painting outdoors.

1 - tree - direct watercolor
IMG_5489.jpeg

2 - small flowers - watercolor
IMG_5491.jpeg

3 - something in public - direct watercolor
IMG_5493.jpeg

4 - organic (potted plant) - watercolors
5 - non-organic (window panes)
IMG_5496.jpeg

Robin, love the vacuum and sink drawing. Great hatching. Thanks for sharpener idea.

Joan, keep looking at the 4 to pick a fav but can’t. Love the lighting, the wood, the water, the cane. Beautiful work.

Sorry to be way so much. Going to try to be more active. Art really is a great escape.

#1 has a hole. KUM lead point sharpener, 2 holes (2mm and 3.15mm), sketched in graphite then decided it need color so added the WC.

IMG_2574.jpeg

Keep sketching
Fletch

Joan -- those are all great, I really like the "something in public" one!

Fletch -- we were typing at the same time! Like the sharpener! ( color adds to it! )

Fletch, thanks muchly! Sketching is really a great escape, so grab it when you can. Love the red sharpener...you were right to include the color.

Ned, thanks. The "Something in public" was done at a location where I was supposed to be meeting one of my art groups. I was there for about a half hour when I found out I was at the wrong location. It ended up being more of a quickly finished sketch before I raced off to the other location. lol I need to pay closer attention to the e-mails they send me instead of just assuming I know where they meant.

Joan, you are so full of energy to get out and paint. Changing locations on the fly. Ha. Applause. I like them all but the wicker chair and table is amazing.

Fletch, good for you for sketching. Good job and I love the color, right?

Ahhh, Ai, you make me so hungry. Beautiful and looks yummy for my tummy!

On the porch, where else? With my iPad and Brushes.

csshfl118tree.jpg

cs118tree.jpg

Last edited:
Ned and Joan Thank you both.

Ai that waffle looks delicious and great job painting it.

#2 large, #3 medium, #4 small The stuffed toy o the list gave me the idea. Multiple grades of graphite in an A5 sized sketchbook.

IMG_2577.jpeg
IMG_2579.jpeg

Keep sketching
Fletch

Ai, that waffle looks delicious! How did you resist eating it???

Jo, thanks so much. Is the tree a continuous line? You showed the volume of it really well.

Oh, Fletch, that is so cute with Papa, Mama, and Baby Bear!!! You sketch really shows the softness of them all. Super!

Jo, I did not see your tree this morning for some reason, That style is a show stopper. It looks so detailed that’s zoom,in to see there really is no detail at all!! Amazing.
Fletch

Joan: Thanks...it was food plastic model on the counter at the cafe...so I have borrowed it to sketch.

#2 -4 small - medium-large..small (cheese cake)..medium (pink lemonade cup)..large (distance view of the Grand Palace)..These were done at a cafe overlooking ChaoPraya River....in directwatercolor.

1000001377.jpg

1000001406.jpg

1000001361.jpg

#5 in public ...the Buddhist ancient script storage pavilion....In the old time, underneath the pavilion, there would be a water pond, preventing termite to get to the ancient paper script.... done in directwatercolor

1000001323.jpg

1000001325.jpg

Last edited:
Robin: Love your collection, colorful and funky... esp. the odd shape.

Fletch: Thanks... the teddies are so awesome.

Jo: Thanks... Love your tree.

Joan: Thanks.... Wow you did so many wonderful direct watercolors. I esp. like the wicked chairs.

Ai, thanks. Love your small, medium and large. Your food posts always make me hungry even plastic waffles! Beautiful shapes and colors.The pavilion is amazing.

Thanks all on my quick sketch, no continuous line, Joan. No patience for that. That is one of the fastest sketches I've ever done on the iPad with just a like and black and white. Takes so much time to change colors and brushes. More fun to do!!

Back