Scavenger Hunt #55 January 26 - February 03 2023

Albama Jama: Welcome... I graduated from U of A at Tuscaloosa. Nice leaves and blind.

Ned:
Thanks... I love your seashore records ... whether they were your false start or not.. they are fantastic and super cute mini. ocean world. I absolutely envy your locale.

fits in palm pistachio
brick
front door
tree
plant
sign
trash

joe and friends, thanks for spending time together sketching...let’s do it again
9F3E80D7-587A-4785-8C78-8491FC864562.jpeg
08190CA3-6F7D-46D1-9915-6FA7FFC95AE4.jpeg
6D24E7EA-7C42-46E6-A437-3699A1F4DC48.jpeg

Thanks for hosting fletch, hope you get a chance to pull out the little pocket sketcher......any little drawing will spark our joy for you.

thanks everyone.....love the quickies, the attempts and the spot on art....it’s all from your heart to ours.....it all is special moment in time....

Joe1 - Eeyore always makes me smile. Nicely done.

Jo - Each time I see a pastel I know you are going to erase I shutter and want to scream ”NO!”. Great color choice for the background; it really pops the fruit.

Alabama - Nice line contour drawing of plant and blinds. Welcome to the Hunt.

Ned - The false starts are neat! Like how you start a5 focus and work out. Thanks

Ai - you envy Ned's locale and most o& us envy your.

Robin - Nice group of sketches. I especially like the hatching in the hand and the plant.

Keep sketching
Joe

NedL, fun quick sketches of the sea "food". As I say to Joan, I'm not a water/beach person, but your sketches and hers keep my interest!

Robin, I like seeing your hand, nicely done. I like the leaves and tree. Fun trash and front door. Yay.

See ya on the next Hunt. Love this bunch of folks and drawings.

Joe, thanks!

Alabama Jama, I like the positioning of the plant in front of the blinds. Nice!

Jo, thanks so much. I had a lot of trouble with the overhang on the building. The perspective wasn't easy.

Ned, thank you. I've finally started putting "non brown" colors on the tree trunks when I think of it. I like your false starts. Sketching outdoors can be like that because things change in front of our eyes.

Robin, that sketch of the pistachio in your hand is so well done...wonderful hatching on all!

Great sketching with all of you. See you in Jo's new hunt.

Joe: Thank for hosting this Hunt. Great collective works from all of us.

Robin: Cool ink batch. My fav. are your business sign and the nut in your palm.

See you all in the next Hunt.

Jo - Each time I see a pastel I know you are going to erase I shutter and want to scream ”NO!”. Great color choice for the background; it really pops the fruit.

"Fletch" (☺️) — I agree with you..... It really hurts when another of her pastels is gone away with so many of her beautiful works 😵

Jo — Wonderful wonderful work, and so lovely to come back and see them here 😂

Everyone — So sorry I can't comment on all the amazing work you all did for this event 😃 thank you always for sharing 😄

Fletch (again) — When you do associations, remind me if you start with an item from the list, or if you end with an item on the list. (I'm easily confused LOL 😊)

Luv you guys 😍👋

Last edited:
Ha, Joe, you know I have the photo forever. :) If I saved those we would be accused of hoarding!

Pine Cone, nice to see you here. Thanks .... and Hugs.

Fletch (again) — When you do associations, remind me if you start with an item from the list, or if you end with an item on the list. (I'm easily confused LOL 😊)
Pine Cone - The normal sequence is from start BUT if you have a subject drawn from life you can make a sequence that starts with your subject and ends with an item from the list to make it fit.

Thanks to all for sharing your creations and your thoughts.
Joe

Alabama Jama or any new member: We start the next thread of Scavenger Hunt from Life every 9 days or so. The next Hunt#56 is here:

Back