Scavenger Hunt #48 - Dec. 1 - 9

Thank you all for comments on my drawing.

AI, the lamp must be really beautiful in real life. I like how soft the quilt is. The colour is nice as well. Very nice choice for hands operated items. I like the watercolour effects on toned paper. Lovely and lively veggie plate. Looks delicious. Nice shells – different shapes and colours. I like the blue one most.

Joan – It looks great. I like all the details.

Very nice micron sketch of nice looking shelf, Jo.

Nice sketches @Flowercat. It's a good-looking kitchen, I like sketching with coloured pencils too.

1 Clock
pen on a5

2022-12-04 11-01_pagina_1.jpg

Ai, great job on the different color shells! I like collecting them. Good job on all the cars in the parking lot and the wonky pan.

Hi, Joe! Nice sketch of the clock.

Had a great time at the Sketch-a-thon yesterday. We lasted for about 6 hours of sketching.
4, 5, 6 - three of a kind (more than 3 sketchers) - water soluble brown ink

IMG_1384 (1).jpeg

7 - free space - watercolors (At the Sketch-a-thon there were costumed models posing too.)

IMG_1367.jpeg

Joan: Thank you. Gorgeous sketches both the sketchers in action and the beautiful model in red background.

Sylwia, Joe1, and all
: Thank you for your kind support.

Joe1: Nice clock... I hope you have time to do some more sketches.

Sylwia, thanks for the blue mug for my collection. Mmmmm. Your three of a kind is clever.

Ai, love the speakers with hatching. The lamp is beautiful. Also the quilt, I love quilts. Your hand operated items is very clever. The digi veggies is great. It always takes me longer to do something on the iPad or iPhone. Sigh.. Fun sea shells. And you went all the way to the parking lot. Super. The pan is so well shaded. Your truck looks small. Good use of the inktense. The watercolor of the sign is cool.

joe1lt, you4 message about writing and not sending was like me. I had to chuckle. I like the descriptive lines on your clock/watch.

Joan, great idea to add the sketchers into your live model sketch. Well done! I like the hat and fur on the model.

I'm working on packages I have to get in the mail, so no sketching. Maybe later.

We walked out to the first bench on the west side. The water is sooooo low. It should be almost to the big tree.
Number 2, free space - in the Ohuhu book with Micron 03 and waterbrush watercolors. There was an egret, some ducks and turtles. We hadn't seen the turtles in a while. Too far away for any detail.

csshfl48free.jpg

Ai, thanks. I like your auto parts store and that strange looking truck.

Sylwia, nice selection of leaves for three of a kind. Good color...especially like the little blemishes. :)

Jo, thank you. Sketching the sketchers sketching the model was fun. I got about 2/3 of the way done with the model and she nearly passed out. The heat in the room was too much for her. She only did seated poses after that. I had to do her legs from memory.
Nice free space sketch of the pond. The water is really low...not a good sign. Hope you get some rain to fill it up.

8 - front of a building - watercolors and ink
9 - parking lot

IMG_1388.jpeg

10 - bigger than a breadbox (gazebo) - watercolors and ink

IMG_1386.jpeg

Joan: Thank you. You really outdid yourselves... Very nice details of both scenes the gazebo and the parking lot.
Sylwia: Thank you. Lovely yellow leaves.
Jo: Thank you. So lovely lake scene, well captured.

Joan, fainting models not good. Wow. I like your front, parking and bigger. Nice to still see umbrellas. Good finds.
Ai, you stay so busy. Great gestures in your sketch.

Flower cat....welcome! Nice kitchen scenes with mural like quality
hope you can make more ;)

JoC ...enjoying the kitchen shelves. I like the sensation of eye level dishes and to top shelf items. Lots of nice color touches in shallow waterside sketch. Hope your packages are out. It is tricky squeezing in sketching at busy times.

Joan.... lovely RR sketch...you probably know the old riddle- railroad crossing...watch out for cars.....can you spell it without any R’s??
Your use of greys on the bldg and gazebo sketch give great depth to color and forms. WOW!,! I thin your six hours of sketching get the unusual award for scavenger # 48.... not to mention the mountain of envy I feel now. :>} That is really neato.

EP...hi, hope to see some of your spacious sketches

sylwia....very warm coffee sketch....great shadows. Watery yellow leaves are calming sketch

Ai....fun line work. The speaker set has subliminal face reminiscent of a minion character. Great set of hand tools. Oh joy! A digit food sketch- cool. The plate looks 3D. Fun shell sketches color variety is nice perk. Wow, good progress on list. Great simple parked cars has strong impact. I adore the proctoring sketch. The lines are so tentative and connected.
164784AD-8890-4643-A365-F21620E4E6FA.jpeg

Joe1- cool, looks like the time piece is vibrating in rythm with its duty.

1 parking lot
2. business sign
3. Street lamp

Back