Scavenger Hunt #48 - Dec. 1 - 9

Robin Gillis

Hello art buddies load and new. Looking forward to joining you in sketching from your life for the next nine days. Any little sketch is welcome. Comments are not necessary. For in detail outlines governing our endeavor, please see a previous Hunt opening statement. Thanks

When comprising this list I pretended I was in public environment, went home, hung up my coat,......etc, winding down with a look at the clock etc.....the last items are yours to share.
Looking forward to it.
Let’s have some fun!

1 parking lot
2. Street light or signal
3. Business sign
4. Front of a house or apt bldg
5. Mail box
6. Car/truck
7. Closet or coat rack
8. Kitchen related
9. Chair
10. Shoes or shoe related
11. Dishes
12. Related to evening activity
13. Related to bedroom
14. Related to mouth/teeth
15. Related to bath/shower
16. Clock
17. Bigger than a breadbox
18. Sky scene
19. Free space
20. House shoes/ slippers
21. Makes a sound
22. Use hands to work it
23. Light source
24., 25, 26——- Three of a kind

Robin, thanks for the new list. I love that you started out with some fun outdoor things.

Oh, finally i have something to share here. I was bored at someones home and decied to draw the kitchen they had.
Made today using colored pencil
_20221202_171330.JPG
_20221202_171305.JPG

Flowercat, welcome!! Fun to have an opportunity to sketch something different! I've sketched our "stuff" too many times. Nice line work and fun details.

I sketched at the dining table and focused on one corner in the ArtStreet sketchbook, half page, with Micron 02
Number 1, related to kitchen

csshfl48kitchen.jpg

Flowercat, It is great that you were able to sketch at someone else's house. Like Jo, I get tired of sketching "my stuff" too often. Nicely done!

Jo, nice sketch of the cabinets and items in your kitchen. I like the open shelving.

I took the opportunity to get some outdoor items from the hunt. I sat near a railroad crossing in the next town. There were a few things to include.
1 - street light or signal - watercolors and ink
2 - makes a sound when the crossing gates are down
3 - business sign from the Swezey Fuel Company

IMG_1365.jpeg

Joan, you are outdoing yourself with all the lovely detail, yet simplifying your paintings. Very lovely.

Robin - thanks for the new list
Flowercat - Welcome - lovely architecture drawings of kichen cabinets etc. I see a Siemens dishwasher
Jo - yahoo items up high in the kitchen
Joan - great sketch of the train crossing :)

Flowercat: Lovely start of this Hunt. Nice sketches. Hope to see more of your sketches.

Joan: Amazing details in that sign sketches... I absolutely agree with Jo.

Jo: Cool kitchen items in the cabinet... well done.

Sylwia-D: Nice cuppa sketch... love the shadow of the coffee inside the cup.

I did these in 10x10 inch kraft brown sketchbook.

#1 makes sound -- speaker systems with a subwoffer, done in ink
#2 light source -- a vintage lamp at a restaurant, done in cp
#3 related to bedroom -- a part of a quilt... done in mixed media: ink+ cp+wc

h48_lightSource-makeSound.jpg

h48_BedRoom.jpg

Thanks, Jo and EP. I looked around today for something that wasn't holiday related.

Sylwia, I love the form on your cup...so nicely rounded.

Ai, thanks! Love that vintage lamp. You really showed the softness of the quilt. Love the hand operated items and your steamed veggies. Hopefully after the holidays I'll have time to practice my digital drawings on my new iPad. I just have been too busy. Off to the city today to sketch live models.

Thanks so much Joan, and Joe1 for your kind support.

Joan: That sounds so fun... sketching from live model...

Last edited:
hi, I wrote a message but forgot to hit send...
send now :
Robin, thanks a lot for the new list.
you are all doing a wonderful job already
I'm writing this now, Ai, nice job with your colored shells too

Back