Scavenger Hunt #12 Feb 6 - Feb 14

Thanks everyone for your comments. I haven't been around much this week so I got way behind. I didn't realize how much until I started to write the comments for everyone. I like to draw from photo references too so I only draw from life here and there.

Jo, lovely little pen and ink sketches in your travel sketchbook.

Ai, nice group of paintings, especially the leaves.

Triss, love your bottles and cup. Gorgeous bright colors. I got a smile out of your lovey-dovey ducks. Delightful! Your dog portrait came out very well. Amazing work when your model isn't interested in sitting still for you. Love the use of color in the whites.

Joan, I can appreciate the challenge of sketching a scene where there is no place to park. I live in a semi-rural area so the roads have no shoulders. There are lots of scenes but no where to park long enough to sketch. I would even have to be very careful to take a photo. Your watercolors of the candy and kitchen items were very nice. What a nice bouquet of flowers for Valentine's day.

Joe, beautiful work on the cone. The smooth transition of values, the shadows and reflected light are very well done.

Joe1, wonderful sketches. Nice job on the bed and strawberries. It makes me want to eat some.

Jo, good job on the hand and tortilla. Hope you enjoyed the rest of the subject once the sketch was complete. Your box of can looks very nice and your sketch of the crossword puzzle is very nice.

EP, you're right, it's a kitchen timer. The spray bottle is a little plastic one. I haven't had BBQ-bananas but I have baked them. I also mix them with cut up apple to make an apple crisp without having to add any sugar. They smell and taste wonderful.

Here are my last ones for this week:
#5 open book
#6 Crunchy Apple
#7 Lamp made by man

20220213Sk6 SH12#5-7.png

Triss, wow, super dog portrait! Love Dog2. Must be fun to smoosh around oil sticks.

EP, hey there. Happy to see your comments. I use cumin in tamales. I had a most delicious fish dish in Peru with cumin and some calamari with cumin in Kaslo, BC. No recipe. Now that you reminded me, I'll have to look for a recipe.

Joan, thanks for the Hunt and fun. The new Hunt is up. Happy Valentine's Day.

https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-13-feb-14-feb-22.3483/

EP - Ha! Dog2 has mastered the 'I'm not fat enough' song and serenades me with it every morning if breakfast is not served at the time of her choosing! She did 'sit' for the whole drawing - just in about fifty different positions. I wondered when I was drawing that fox mug if I'd done it before for a hunt - you have a better memory than mine! - I think I did an oil scribble of it once. The blue violin I have is a Stentor (default student instrument here in the UK). It is wood, with a thick coat of glitter varnish. I've been playing strings on-and-off for ten years or so, though I don't get to sketch some of the instruments as they're always in cases if I'm not practising.

ams - Lovely arrangement and sense of light! Beautiful drawing of the open book, and I love the way you've captured the feel of the pages. Glad you had chance to fit in another sketch for this week.

Jo - 'Smoosh' is a perfect word for drawing with oil sticks! Thanks for posting the new list, and thanks to Joan for this hunt.

Thanks so much everyone.

Triss: Wowza on the pooch.

Jo: Beautiful heart sketch and an open book for our V-day.

Anne: Wonderful set. Love the book and the apple. Nice shading.

Joe1: Very nice set of man made items and yummy strawbery.

Joan: Thank you for hosting this Hunt and stepping in with a nice list.

Last edited:
Hi Joe, I do know they are the same but something in my brain doesn't compute value so I always think of it as tone - not sure why that makes more sense to me but I'll go with it ;) Have had my assessment appointment, now just waiting for date for the op but as we have to wait for surgeon to come up to the islands I've had no indication of when - other than their hopeful 'shouldn't be too long'
Sue, your value comment sounds a whole lot like my wife. If I mention value she instantly thinks in terms of what it is worth. 😁. So I use tone when I talk about value with her. Hope the doctor visits soon.

can I ask something, even if it's off the topic?
an information, to those who have used ipad, if you know, if
, if app music, or app that allows you to listen to mp3 or flac, audio, so you can listen to my cd on the tablet, my doubt and if we can use apps in the backdraund, if we can listen to music with apps in the Background, if it were the computer, reduced to an icon, so as to use the whole screen for app for drawing, for procreate or similar. (or, you have to forcefully divide the screen in 2, I didn't understand this, for music I would use songs I have but I also thought of a streaming app, like spotify, or amazon music)
If this is possible, perhaps I would like to use, often use an ipad tablet instead of a pc.
In the future I should fix PC, or replace it with tablet I was thinking, in practice, I thought perhaps, to leave the computer like this, often use it without a video card, and buy an iPad in the future, for design and things where it lends itself well.
This indication would help me to choose, for now I would not like to take anything for the computer, tablet I was thinking in the summer or at the end of the year, when possible,
in the coming months maybe I write a specific post (in the forum
general topics, or in forums on digital art,), sorry, I'm messing up here.
in practice, I don't know if it's a good idea (I don't have tablets and about computers, I've almost always used computers, desktops, stationary, only once a laptop, for a short time, I remember and that wasn't great, so I should get used to it , actually cell phone, to surf, I often use it instead of the pc), I was thinking about it for a while, use in the future, switch from pc to tablet, maybe ipad eventually, and if it can actually be chosen ok thinking about 80% of the I draw, and listen to music, without music I can no longer try to draw, at least if I am at home.
in my computer, the video card broke, in the last year and a few months, it was giving me problems, only once a month or 2, for a short time I could not use it (time to uninstall and reinstall drivers a few times until they stop flickering or crash), lately, often, I have to use it to disabling video card. sometimes i can't use it. at least for some things.
In practice, the computer, even if I'm not drawing on it, 80% of the time for things related to drawing, art, surfing the forum, looking at references, photos, tutorials. ebook.
The other things are word and streaming, or an app.
In short, the things I can only do with the computer, maybe I can do them by uninstalling the video card, (I would keep the computer but using it less, I meant that, and not replacing, I bought mine 6 years ago, almost 2 years does, however, changed processor and motherboard burned, with 2 similar, however)
now, i don't want to buy video card because i checked, in the last 2 years it is difficult to find them and prices have changed, however, even with a video card, i could spend as much as i spent 6 years ago, but it was new at the time, and for 4 years it went very well and the components were therefore recent and actually compatible even if assembled, after replacements.
then I thought that ipad could be an alternative to the computer, if drawing is more comfortable (I think so, with the computer I find it difficult to draw from life, I think it would be easier, even to draw in other rooms, with paper in other rooms sometimes for lighting I don't see well what I draw or struggle with my shadow ...), if I would hear the music better and show or film I would see them better, I think it would be a good solution, but I have some doubts so I wanted to talk about it before deciding, ask for advice even to those who do not use digital, the doubts are those written before and also on the use, and also on the purchase, there are no apple stores in my region, in the nearby shops I have not seen some models for years and I was thinking about amazon but I'm not sure.

sorry ot
Joe, I use my iPad a lot more than my computer. In fact I only use my computer for some specific programs that are not available on iPad. I listen to music when I read. I use Pandora and Sirius. I play around with art apps, mostly Procreate, but have 3 or 4 others. I use iPad for email, surfing, writing, reading etc. I have iPad in my hand about 8-10 hours a day. When I am not surfing or watching art videos, like the course I am doing now, then I am reading.
Hope that helps.
Edited to add. Forgot to list Games and social networking! Art, reading and games are 90% of my iPad time.

Last edited:
Joe 1, I use my laptop more than anything, but I do have a very old iPad mini. It is good to take with me when I travel because it is lighter than the laptop, but mine is really outdated and I'm trying to decide if I should buy a newer one that I can use the iPencil with and Procreate. I can't use that on my old one. I've been thinking about it for a while but haven't made a decision yet.

Jo, want to share the chocolates? I wouldn't let Jerry get me chocolate for Valentine's Day since I have no self control. I can't eat my flowers. lol Nice sketch of the puzzle book.

EP, good to see you. I thought you were lost...

Triss, this portrait of your dog is great!!! She looks so cooperative. lol What's her name?

thank you all for the nice words about my drawings.
ams, beautiful work on all objects.

Joe, Joan, thank you so much for the information and for the help.

Joe, thanks for the clarification, I hope that eventually I would make a similar use.

Joan, I'm sorry your model doesn't support pencil, about deciding, yes, it's hard, I've been thinking about it for a long time too and it's hard for me to decide.
I don't know if that can help,
I don't know if it might be an idea to ask if they rate your used one.
I read that in March they present perhaps new mini ipad, and ipad air, perhaps other models

I'll post sketches then return with comments. 8x5, ink and marker on toned paper.
1. Twisted - wound cables
2. Sphere - marble
3. Scoop - measuring cup?
4. Hatchet > Blade > Knife

hunt13-01.jpg

photo of the setup:

hunt13-01b.jpg

Cheers,

Back