Scavenger Hunt #10 Jan 21 - Jan 29

One more for the road ... Not going anywhere, just an excuse for a glass of wine. Ha.

Played in the pastels today. Used the same piece of MiTeintes paper smooth side. Thirty minutes or so.

csshfl10primary.jpg

Number 3, primary color - red apples
Number 4, secondary color - purple napkin

Thanks all for kind prayers. Iris only needed to be admitted one night. She had a good recovery when the med. were given to her via IV and was discharged from hospital yesterday evening and we are home resting. I was a bit tired as the nurses came in every 2hours, checking on Iris around the clock.

Jenni, Robin, Jo, and Triss: Cool sketches... both the ideas and the artworks done.

Jo - Lovely, bright red apples, and purple napkin.
Ai - happy Iris has recovered well! You would have been so worried!

Welcome to the Scavenger Hunts from Life.
The Hunts were started in 2006 by Jamie Williams Grossman as a way to practice with prompts. Artists have come and gone while forming some lasting friendships. We hope you will join in and tune up your sketching skills. All levels and techniques are welcome. We hope you can have some good times here. You can travel the world seeing the sketches of items at hand by the artists.

If you’ve participated in at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one we would really appreciate it. You can sign up by posting your name on the current hosting schedule in the Art From Life forum here:
https://creativespark.art/threads/scavenger-hunt-from-life-host-sign-up-list.2481/

Here are the rules for the Hunt:
*All everyday common items on the list must be sketched from life – not imagination or photo reference.
*Each object you draw can count for only one item on the list, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed on by unanimous vote among the participants.
*You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count these objects as separate items, but no single object can count for more than one item.
*All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.
*Do as many or as few of the items as you like. You don’t have to finish the entire list to participate. The Scavenger Hunt “week” will last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.
*Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you for each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are welcome.
*Have fun!
*** If you have some hunt sketches completed but little time to read/comment, please post your sketches anyway. Commenting is appreciated but not required.

Scavenger Hunt #10 Jan 21 - Jan 29

Something old
Something new
Something you inherited
Something you received as a gift
Something broken
Something you found
Something you plan to give away
Something you plan to throwaway…..eventually
Something seasonal
Looking out
Looking in
Entrance
Exit
Food related
Something spicy
Something sweet
Something from your bedroom
Something from your kitchen
Something from your bathroom
Something from your yard
Something you collect (besides art supplies)
Something that makes noise
Something that blocks noise
Something you find relaxing
Something in a primary color
Something in a secondary color

Challenges:
  1. Make a still life out of 3 or more items from the Hunt
  2. Use associations. Use as many as you head goes but tell us the string
Example: Sweet (is theme) - Sugar - Candy - cavities - toothpaste (is what you actually draw)

Keep sketching
Joe
Hunt #10 Jan 21 - Jan 29
Just for the record ... happily my toenails are not yellow 💛
Having grandkids close is very nice. Thousands of Km from my siblings, my choice.
20220127_054356-01.jpeg
number 8? WIP in sketchbook, Something old, school days, it's 1964. Faces are part of stage 2.

Well, I've been slow on the draw this Hunt. (Pun intended.) Thanks all for your nice comments.

Triss, your #5 exit is full of life. Love the colors and hatching.

Joe, your kokopelli is amazing. Love the gesture and shading. If they have you put it away, they may have you draw it again later to compare. Hard for me to have do overs.

Anne, such a nice still life with the dates, etc. Your shading is always spot on. I like dates, never think to buy them.

Angela, beautiful work on your delicate pitcher. Hard to get the shine and flowing lines. Well done! Nice to see you around.

Ai, your "spicy" made me smile. Good job on Lucy.

JennieJo, the granddaughter sketch is perfect. Fun that you get to sketch her. Ours are far away in Kentucky .. about 1,000 miles. Your relaxing toes made me smile ... again.

Robin, such a cute cookie jar. Spicy looks good. Blue ice trays, love it. Your kitchen looks welcoming to a cook. I like your lamp shade in the bedroom. Fun, fun.

Back later.
Many thanks Joe. I keep telling.ling my family "I can be very funny!". They like to disagree. 😆

Jo - Love the purple napkin combined with the apples - superb colours!

JennieJo - Wonderful sketch, and I really like the absent faces. Great poses and beautiful lines.

Triss, thanks so much! Nice vivid color in your sunrise sketch. Well done! You may not have the patience to do doors and windows but your house came out really nicely.

Joe, thanks. It was nice to see Ai join to sketch Lefty Lucy. Love your flute player...so nicely shaded.

Joe 1, thanks. It is hard to do the texture of an orange. I usually do dabs of watercolor.

Jennie-Jo, nice sketch of the pool house. I'd be in the pool instead of sketching. lol Cute school sketch!

Jo, thanks. Nice collection of caps and sticks! Beautiful bright red apples!! Yum!

Ai, thanks so much. It was good sketching the session with you. I'm glad to hear Iris is doing better. I like your sketch of Lefty Lucy for spicy. Some of her outfits are that! lol

Anne, thank you. Good still life setup. I need to do more of those.

Angela, lovely job on the pitcher. You did the shading and colors so nicely! Well done.

Robin, great sketches. The pig cookie jar made me smile. Like your way of shading the inside of the ice cube tray.

I have one more sketch to post here for this hunt.
10 - food related (this is the side of the Cull House, a seafood restaurant in Sayville) - watercolors and ink
IMG_9490.jpeg

Triss, thanks so much! Nice vivid color in your sunrise sketch. Well done! You may not have the patience to do doors and windows but your house came out really nicely.

Joe, thanks. It was nice to see Ai join to sketch Lefty Lucy. Love your flute player...so nicely shaded.

Joe 1, thanks. It is hard to do the texture of an orange. I usually do dabs of watercolor.

Jennie-Jo, nice sketch of the pool house. I'd be in the pool instead of sketching. lol Cute school sketch!

Jo, thanks. Nice collection of caps and sticks! Beautiful bright red apples!! Yum!

Ai, thanks so much. It was good sketching the session with you. I'm glad to hear Iris is doing better. I like your sketch of Lefty Lucy for spicy. Some of her outfits are that! lol

Anne, thank you. Good still life setup. I need to do more of those.

Angela, lovely job on the pitcher. You did the shading and colors so nicely! Well done.

Robin, great sketches. The pig cookie jar made me smile. Like your way of shading the inside of the ice cube tray.

I have one more sketch to post here for this hunt.
10 - food related (this is the side of the Cull House, a seafood restaurant in Sayville) - watercolors and inkView attachment 18174
Sitting here picturing it under 2 feet of snow. Hope you are both fine and inside. Hopefully with a good neighbor to clear your driveway.
Joe

Back