AES

hi
Chavant
Monster
Sculpex
Plastalina
???
-
Til there's a name for the models I want to make.
Meltable would be nice but isn't strictly necessary.
Firm in hot weather but still workable with hands. 2nd biggest one. Sculpy is too hard for big models, cheapo kids modeling clay deforms too much.
Won't chip off armature when repositioned. Biggest one. This is why air dry clay doesn't work.
I think size matters. Bigger models can be softer to a point. Small models and heads probably need hard.

Last edited:

Hermes2020

I cannot claim to speak from my own experience, but from what I've read, Chavant Y2-Clay should work for you. Plastiline Sculpting Clay comes in regular and hard, and should also be good. These clays are all reasonably priced, so you could buy 500g of each to try.

Reactions: AES

AES

hi
I cannot claim to speak from my own experience, but from what I've read, Chavant Y2-Clay should work for you. Plastiline Sculpting Clay comes in regular and hard, and should also be good. These clays are all reasonably priced, so you could buy 500g of each to try.
What's considered a reasonable price for these? I could only find y2 klay for $18 per block on fibreglast. A bit steep for me, especially with shipping. Though it does look awful nice...
Do you have a different source?

Last edited:

AES

hi

AES

hi

Last edited:

AES

hi
Van Gogh did not paint alla prima, at least not always.
He also reused his canvases and even painted on dishtowels when he ran out of surfaces. Makes me wonder what he did when he ran out of paint. Safflower cooking oil and charcoal black from the stove?

Last edited: