Portrait of Beatrice

wirfi

Portrait of Beatrice. Oil on canvas. 40x50 cm (15x19 inches). "Zorn-palette" / limited palette with white, ochre, red, black.

I finished this last night and I am happy with it, eventhough I see things to improve. But I'm happy because this is a piece I had trouble with last spring, but now I got it to work - and it feels like I'm developing.

ChvqRPZ.jpg

Wonderful portrait. There is so much personality captured here. I love it. Glad you decided to work on it again.

Oh WOW! This is fantastic! What an expression you've captured. This should be in a high-end gallery. ♥️ ♥️ ♥️

Dont know who is she but she is beautiful. your painting is more than amzing. and i think you are play with us :LOL: bcz your touch of painting is not of a begginer or advanced. it is more than that. three pieces you put here so far and they are near perfection of painting (my opinion).

Your drawing, color and values are very well executed.
If I had needles and nitpicked I would say your edges are a tad behind your other skill sets.
This is a very beautiful portrait.

A stunning, beautiful portrait.

And yeah, I agree with Lazarus and think you are playing us a bit.

This is stunning! Love the palette, the light and shadow, the brushstrokes ... seriously good work.

Portraits really aren't my thing - but you've got something special with this one! Absolutely love the character, the challenge in the stare, the beautiful way you've handled the brushwork on the face, and those fabulous flicks of hair. Wonderful work.

I, too, agree with Lazarus. your talent, work, and time in are on full display here. You rendered this piece beautifully.

Dont know who is she but she is beautiful. your painting is more than amzing. and i think you are play with us :LOL: bcz your touch of painting is not of a begginer or advanced. it is more than that. three pieces you put here so far and they are near perfection of painting (my opinion).
Thanks! I could say I'm a veteran beginner? ;) I went to artschool in the early 90's, and painted with oils up until about 2002 perhaps. So I have had a 20 year break.
I did some odd drawing and perhaps 2 acrylic paintings during that time, and a lot of photography.
I began drawing seriously again in 2018 at home, and then re-discovered oils in the spring of 2021 when we (my wife also paints) got the hold of a studio. It's amazing how much you can forget in those years ;)

About the women, she is a model and she sells her reference pictures to artists on instagram (I think she started during the pandemic). I think she is still active on her "shop"-account, nickname: beatricecupido_shop
There is another also I've bought pictures from, nickname: diana_jean_o , she has more full figure sets.
I have not found a male model doing this online.

I also draw models from life sometimes, but at the moment the life drawing session I go to are cancelled, there were to few participants for them to make the economy work.

Oh WOW! This is fantastic! What an expression you've captured. This should be in a high-end gallery. ♥️ ♥️ ♥️
Thank you very much :) I doubt it will be in a high end gallery though. The big galleries here don't really show representative art or realism much. Maybe in smaller galleries or group exhibition it'll work.

Beautiful work, and one of the most delicate ones I've seen with the Zorn palette. Superb blending and shading.

Great model, too, who really knows how to look at the camera.

The whole thing is gorgeous to look at- great job! 👏

Breathtaking portrait. I love how you rendered her. Zorn palette is fun to play with, and not only that, you've masterfully pulled it off. Great job!

Back