Plein Air Organic Sketch in A/C

Jo Castillo

Supporting Member
This is plein air a la Jo as it is about 98 degrees F outside so sketched out my window with some new Schmincke pastels. Trying them out.
about 9 x 12 inches on reused sanded paper, maybe uArt. Done for the Scavenger Hunt from Life forum.
organic-easel550.jpg

csshfl27organic.jpg

Great Jo,

:ROFLMAO: it's not plein air but it is painted from life which amounts to the same as you are drawing your inspiration directly from what is in front of you. That it a very lovely grab. Eye opening and yet subtle in approach.

It's a plein-window painting! You did a great job on that tree, Jo, and I like how you played up the sunlight hitting the branches in front and the spots on the ground. Your new pastels look like a bunch of gorgeous, saturated colors!

Hi, Donna, thanks so much. It was fun to play in the dust. I'm hoping these new pastels will get me going on painting. It has been too long. I was using just the colors in the new box.

This is lovely !
Cheers,
Patricia

Regardless of the label you put on it, it turned out beautifully. ❤️

Hermes, the organic comes from our Scavenger Hunts from life. One of the items in the current Hunt was "organic shape". We hunt for some or all of 26 items every 8 days to sketch from life. Thanks.

CaliAnn, thank you sooo much, you know I like color and pastels are my favorite medium.

Snoball, thank you, too. It was fun.

Those Schminkes are nice, huh? And you've made something fresh and inviting with them, a little oasis that beats back that 98F . Well done, Jo!

Jo, I love this one! It sparkles. Maybe crackles with light is the right description.
Is it "plein air"? Who cares! How about we coin a new description: "Plein Air Conditioned"?

Desforges, thank you. Greens are always a challenge, even when you have every one!

Lamar, The Schminckes are very nice. I hadn't tried them before. Appreciate your kind words.

Aspenman, Thaaaaaank you!!

Bartc, you made me laugh. Thanks!

I do like taking my own photos and painting from those.
I paint from my own photos, too. Small exception for the challenges here and usually only do sketches from other's photos. I seem to lose enthusiasm for a place/scene when I have a great photo. I also seem to get tied to the photo where in life I move a tree or rock without worrying about it. Just me. Maybe I need more practice from photos.

Back