Playing with Pencils

I see these images as a kind of study on shapes and forms.
Can I ask on what paper type and dimensions you use for them?

I used to make similar small sketches, most of the times with no clear subject, like a "subject search". This comes from my school years, as a child, and didn't stop since. I make them on any piece of paper, with what I've got in my hands or nearby: ballpoint pen, marker, graphite or colored pencils, fountain pen... I try several geometric or free forms, shading patterns etc. Often, after a few minutes I select one or two of those elements and work on them, as a study on those shapes and forms. Results are unpredictable, often surrealistic. I see this as a kind of imagination training, a manner to push my mind (or body?) to generate new forms and ideas.
Hi Classic. These are all on A3, on either acrylic/sketch/watercolour paper. I've only started drawing with a purpose about 6ish years ago. When I discovered a few wonderful pencils. Every night, almost, I set myself a few challenges. Each of these is from a challenge. I like your ideas about reaching new directions. I have one of those baturally creative minds. Finding new directions ok no is second battle to me.

I do create with anything... if it names a mark, I'll use it to see what happens. I am nit really good at creating studies. I am working on that!

Love your creativity.
I agree with CaliAnn, There is such freedom of expression in these pieces and they are joyful and playful.
Many thanks. I was working on being more expressive. Joyful and playful .. does describe my mood as I did them.

Back