Pears sketch

triss

Quick scribble of some pears - cheap Inscribe pastels, charcoal XL blocks, with some Unisons and Schminckes thrown in. Paper roll (A0-ish).

pearscs.jpg

Last year I gave up on pastels through the winter due to lack of light of space, but I've found some extra room to work this year. I'm a bit out of practice, but I've been enjoying chatting pastels over here, so thought I'd give mine a run out. I don't do much serious painting, but I enjoy fast, from-life sketching. Looking forward to learning from you all here.

Like the pears against an abstraction of a background. Gives them a uniqueness.

I love this. It's' really vibrant and you've really caught the weight and shape of the pears. Nice work.

Love the light on those pears and those lively marks in the background. A big piece, too!

Excellent sketching. I like the texture of the skin. It looks ready to peel.

Quick scribble of some pears - cheap Inscribe pastels, charcoal XL blocks, with some Unisons and Schminckes thrown in. Paper roll (A0-ish).

View attachment 12353

Last year I gave up on pastels through the winter due to lack of light of space, but I've found some extra room to work this year. I'm a bit out of practice, but I've been enjoying chatting pastels over here, so thought I'd give mine a run out. I don't do much serious painting, but I enjoy fast, from-life sketching. Looking forward to learning from you all here.
Im with Wayne, I like this sketch and the abstract background top right hits the spot. Oh sorry, the pears are nicely formed and believable

I hope you’ll be doing more like this! I love the looseness of the background and the pears are gorgeous! It‘s a good thing that you have the space to paint now!

I love how this came out. Wonderful way the light catches the pears and gives them a glow.

I like the spontaneity of sketching. It has a certain something that sometimes gets lost when you do a more finished painting. I look forward to more of your sketches.

This is amazing work for what you call a "quick scribble." I love your pears, and the nice loose feel of the background. ❤

Great job, triss! I'm so happy that you've found more space to work in. Now I get to wait for more!

Yummy pears! Your strokes always give so much vibration and life. Makes me want to eat pears. Oops, I don't like to eat pears, but love to see them in paintings and drawings!

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to comment - much appreciated. I'm a bit of a lazy sketcher, and unpacking/ packing up assorted pastel boxes puts me off more than it should. Hopefully now I've found room to leave mine out I'll get more use out of them.

It looks like you’ve been practicing, nice work. You didn’t loose your touch. Nice lines.

Back