Cobalt Pears

JStarr

I tried some set-ups using my cobalt glass pieces and copper pieces, and, meh, a couple came out okay- fair- but nothing special, and then I remembered the pears in the fridge and grabbed those with just a couple pieces of that blue-blue glass- it intrigued me enough to say, give 'er a go.

So I did. Came together quickly, although balancing the dark blues with the bright-bright high-chroma yellows in Paintshop was impossible, so all you get is some decreased brightness and then a soften edges to make up for the extra-sharpness the dam- errrr-- danged phone camera gives everything.

Now I REALLY need more darks-
18" x 24" UArt Gray 600 grit

Attachments

• cobaltpearsfin.jpg
    cobaltpearsfin.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 43
Very nice work and I like your composition! Photographing pastels is always a challenge but at least glare is not a problem!

Very nice work and I like your composition! Photographing pastels is always a challenge but at least glare is not a problem!
Thank you. I have some flowers in a tall, curvy vase, with shadow to the left, and that round (handblown!) vase sitting so it fits squarely under the shadow bouquet on the wall. It is intriguing me. Have to make the shadow dance some or the pov will just ping-pong.

And glare is less a problem because I've closed the danged blinds- sun's starting to peek in from the south.

Count me in as a fan of the blue glass - very serene and lovely painting :)
Thank you- out of about thirty snaps of different set-ups, this one and three others were not given back to the pixel god. It's very odd to me: Copper should work with cobalt. But it just didn't.

Quite excellent JStarr! The lighting in this is superb! You make me want to buy some blue glass stuff now. Really elegant painting! ♥️

Quite excellent JStarr! The lighting in this is superb! You make me want to buy some blue glass stuff now. Really elegant painting! ♥️
Thank you. Everyone should buy blue glass.

Except me- I have no more room. I have waaaaaaay too much of nearly everything. Hard to believe I whittled half this stuff down before moving here from WaState, and there's still no room at the inn- shelves of... stuff I keep "in case" or because "... it's such a lovely piece....".

I still have a beautiful ginger jar, unused, sits on a bookshelf between book genres getting dusty- why keep it? Because it's beautiful.

I've already told you, but I'll tell you again this is marvelous! ❤️I think you are going through your Blue Period. ;)

Back