Patch

Schuee

I was asked to draw Patch from a small photograph, from which I found it difficult to see features. This is what I managed to do. He’s a rescued terrier cross. It’s going to a friend of a friend for a Christmas present.

Polychromos coloured pencils On Fabriano toned paper (a sand colour).
FD40F617-1DBC-406B-8405-7A6EBC8C48EB.jpeg

Very cute. It's a shame you didn't have a really good photo to work from. I know how hard it it to work from poor quality photos, but sometimes that is all they have. You did a very admirable job in spite of it. ❤️

A cutie pie who brings a smile! You totally overcame the challenge of a less-than-perfect ref image. This will make a lovely gift!

Very cute. It's a shame you didn't have a really good photo to work from. I know how hard it it to work from poor quality photos, but sometimes that is all they have. You did a very admirable job in spite of it. ❤️
Thank you very much, Snoball. Yes, small undetailed photos are a pain, particularly when the animal has not been seen in person. The person commissioning it was happy with it, thank goodness!

I notice that I have chosen to watch this thread but I haven’t received email notifications - a blip in the system, I expect.

No, some emails can't receive them. You can check the technical forum on how to try to fix it, but it doesn't always work. :( I receive all the (bouncing) emails that you all are not receiving. :(

Back