W.I.P. - Annie

Penny: I think we all have pieces of art that somehow leave us dissatisfied; this one must be yours! There won't be much anyone can say to change your mind about the choices you made when you got started.

BUT - rest assured, this is a very successful piece! I think you nailed the fur, and at least on my monitor the strokes of white are perfect to make the rest of the hair colors pop. The eyes are expressive and the face is sweet looking. I don't see anyone really complaining about background colors (other than the artist!). ;) I hope you eventually relax with this one, even though it may never be a favorite of your own. She's cute as can be!

Penny: I think we all have pieces of art that somehow leave us dissatisfied; this one must be yours! There won't be much anyone can say to change your mind about the choices you made when you got started.

BUT - rest assured, this is a very successful piece! I think you nailed the fur, and at least on my monitor the strokes of white are perfect to make the rest of the hair colors pop. The eyes are expressive and the face is sweet looking. I don't see anyone really complaining about background colors (other than the artist!). ;) I hope you eventually relax with this one, even though it may never be a favorite of your own. She's cute as can be!
Yes, Terri, dissatisfaction could be one of the reasons we keep trying! Thank you very much for the comments. I should look at it as a whole and not just at the background, perhaps. I hope it will grow on me. I haven’t met Annie, but she does look like a sweetie.

I think the BG is excellent and a wonderful piece overall. My tendency to overwork has me constantly fiddling. But I do think trying to do any more on this and you risk ruining a beautiful piece. Let us know what the owner thinks, please.

Thanknyou very much, Joy. I am in danger of overdoing it and must leave it alone. I will certainly let you know what is thought of it and whether I need to try again.

Back