Painting Surface

LOL .. I though Iain was Lain and Lain is female. She (he) corrected me the other day. The name is sort of like FLICK .. easily misread.

I recently learned that there was a famous male Carol. Musket sent me a Wiki link, but now I can't find it. I was considering changing my name before that, but I'm just going to keep Carol because everyone knows me as Carol and maybe it could be considered male or female. Or maybe that's a stretch, I don't know.

The name Carol means Free Person Or Song and is of English origin. Carol is name that's been used by parents who are considering unisex or non-gendered baby names--baby names that can be used for any gender. Originally a feminine form of the name Charles or Carl.
1598967365902.png

www.babynames.com › name › carol
Name Carol: Name Meaning, Origin, and Popularity - Baby Names

Might Caryl or Carl be close enough to Carol that a change could be had without too much disruption?

Imagine if one shortened Carol to Car. then, with Es, Car Es sounds like caress. Who CarEs?

Last edited:
That's funny Iain, my Artist's book press is called Careless Press. ;)

I wouldn't change to Carl, too much like a male name, and Caryl sounds too fem to me. I'm keeping it Carol and leaving it alone. It's bad enough I have a strange last name. I only thought about changing my name because my partner did, but then I realized that didn't mean I had to too. That's too copycat. 😺

Back