Painting Surface

You probably are Arty. You are extremely neat with your work area for as chaotic as your mind is. :ROFLMAO:

Here's a few more pics around the area. They are neat too, but I must note that I only started to get back to a painting only recently, so I'd cleaned the space up before I returned to this piece. Still, I realize I am a total neat freak. Don't be pissed at me or think I'm not a "real" artist though. It's just an OCD thing.

craftsman2.jpg

craftsman1.jpg

undereasel.jpg

mayline.jpg

Here, last place is a good place. Your studio is stunning Arty. This difference in tidyness is intriguing me, and I have to confess I can't work it out. Do you think that to do abstract work you actually need to be purposeful and decisive, which exhibits itself in how you keep your tools in order? Probably not, but I am puzzled!:D:oops: All I can is is I am impatient by nature, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Bongo, I LOVE your space. It says something about who you are. I couldn't put that impression into words exactly, but it's just a good feeling about you as an artist. I think everyone's space says a lot about us and our personalities. I don't know what mine says about me. I think I'm probably mental.

Bizzy, I am actually really impatient about many, many things, but then I have a super patient streak for other things, like people (usually), especially elderly people, usually slow people too. I have patience for art and for understanding it, learning new things, reading. I am a slow studier. And I am meticulous about a lot of stuff.

Yes, in painting, I can be pretty purposeful. In drawing I am visceral. Most of my paintings come from raw drawings that are spontaneous, and then I want to capture those drawing as paintings exactly as they were originally drawn, so maybe that explains a bit about how the process works and why my art looks the way it does.

Great to view all your creative chaos spaces. Francis Bacon's room has got to be the messiest painter's "studio" I have seen. Bizzibee's is second. That said, we only saw a portion of it, so he could be giving Bacon a run for his money. Painstaking how they dismantled and reconstructed Bacon's. I guess they would throw their hands up at Bizzi's! Only joking.

I know we shouldn't have favourites, but the last two spaces I like most, more so Bongo's. Sorry Arty, but your's is far too clean. "Now get to your room and mess it up!" ha. Your art reflects your workspace, too. Clean, fresh, immaculate.

some cool places - space + style = studio
Arty I think I could go right to work in your space - only it wouldn't look like that when I finished.

Arty, very interesting to read your thoughts. Sounds like you are patient in the right way.
Iain, to quote Lou Reed, 'he was a she.' :D Odd you thought I was male! I can assure you the other bit is worse, and then some!

Oops! I keep making assumptions (unwarranted ones, Bizzibee) and they backfire like the boyracer's Subaru. Sorry. I'm clearly not perceptive. If it is any consolation, I have just found out this morning someone I have been on a forum with for over a decade didn't know what sex I was. Now how could that be? I mean, I exude masculinity. I am sure you can feel it as you read this.

I was going to make a joke and say it was because you paint so well, but I don't think that would have gone down very well, so I didn't. I didn't. Arty, ladies, I didn't.

I am glad you are female. I seem to relate to females (unless I'm in a relationship with one) better than I do with my own sex.

I don't think you can tell a person's gender by the way they make art. Does it matter anyway? We are all so different in greater or lesser degrees.

Arty, very interesting to read your thoughts. Sounds like you are patient in the right way.
Iain, to quote Lou Reed, 'he was a she.' :D Odd you thought I was male! I can assure you the other bit is worse, and then some!

Back