Old Farm #2

MurrayG

Contributing Member
Hi Folks, I decided to try another version. The perspective feels better and maybe slightly more accurate.
Maybe a little tinkering but I think its pretty much done. Its a bit loose as it was done quickly..
Sennelier and Rembrandts on Pastelmat 24x30cm.

IMG_0593-Farm2B.jpg

I like this version as well as the first - maybe this one appeals a little more because of the curve in the track. The redness of the soil must have made an impression! I like how it's a bold part of this painting.

I like this version as well as the first - maybe this one appeals a little more because of the curve in the track. The redness of the soil must have made an impression! I like how it's a bold part of this painting.
Thanks Donna.

Love the perspective of the curve, the way it leads the eye around into the distance, and the dry grass against the red earth. Beautiful.

Thanks Arnie and CaliAnn. It was useful to repeat. Even in this slightly bigger format it was hard to get the landscape close to what I remember. Its close, but being in portrait format to suit a book cover its hard to fit the scene. Well, not many left to remember the place now so I suppose artistic license permitting... it works :)

Another beauty! I personally like the first version, because of the perspective. They are both wonderful though.

I think this is as lovely as your first version. I also LOVE that bold red curve!
Hi CaliAnn, hmm well the track in the actual painting is "redish" but the camera overdid it. This time I used my camera rather than the phone, compare with the muted colours in #1. While the colours are more true in #2, there is a slight red shift that is apparent even in the field of oats. I did fiddle some more with trees and field and toned down the track a little, but only small subtle changes. I will photograph again in softer outside lighting as I think I am going with this version as the book cover :)

Back