The Old Farm memories

MurrayG

Contributing Member
Hi folks, I was trying to paint from memory a view on my fathers farm, now just a memory due to mining and forestry chaos in that region.
Anyway, the photo is not accurate to colour, and I feel the perspetive is a little off. There may have to be a second iteration :)
Sennelier and rembrandts on Canson Mi Tintes smooth side, 7x9 inches. I have not been able to paint for three or so weeks and I feel it shows.

IMG_114539_Farm1.jpg

Beautiful! I love the perspective.
Seems to me that the track may dwindle too quickly, and it's a bit like the color of flesh, like maybe a tongue? My two cents, and otherwise it's a very beautiful scene.

Nice scene and memory. Doing another might just bring out more memories of times gone by. :giggle:❤️

Nice scene and memory. Doing another might just bring out more memories of times gone by. :giggle:❤️
Hi Sno, thanks. I hope so, I am writing a book for grandkids about all the crazy things that happened on the farm. It's maybe the cover picture for the book.

Beautiful! I love the perspective.
Seems to me that the track may dwindle too quickly, and it's a bit like the color of flesh, like maybe a tongue? My two cents, and otherwise it's a very beautiful scene.
Hi Laika, ohhh, thats interesting :) Like I said, the camera shifted colours a bit... But the earth there (West Australia) is a kinda pinky red, orange play soil... The painting is actually "reeeeaaasonanly" close to real. But I agree the perspective is a little iffy. The track went up and across the top of the hill and before the oats were harvested, kinda hid the track a bit if you were downhill - thats what I was aiming for anyway :) Ahh well - maybe another effort coming up :) It was nice just to get dusty fingers again and exercise the drawing muscles.

I'm in awe of anyone who can paint from memory so I think this is wonderful, Murray! The hills and fields look so peaceful and I'm sorry to hear this scene no longer exists in reality. I can't tell that you haven't been painting - no rust is visible!

I'm in awe of anyone who can paint from memory so I think this is wonderful, Murray! The hills and fields look so peaceful and I'm sorry to hear this scene no longer exists in reality. I can't tell that you haven't been painting - no rust is visible!
Ha, good to hear

The track went up and across the top of the hill and before the oats were harvested, kinda hid the track a bit if you were downhill - thats what I was aiming for anyway
OK, that makes sense. I didn't consider that.

Back