GoatsHead #2

MurrayG

Contributing Member
Hi folks. Managed to get out yesterday even if it was just down to the carpark. Had a nice view of the mountain. Set up and worked trying to beat the low afternoon sun. Saving my precious Pastelmat so used plasterboard. Not so forgiving but hey. Autumn has started so the oaks and buckthorns are colouring on the high slopes. Drawing is a bit more accurate this time.
Rembrandt's to start Sennelier finishes, about 24x30cm.
IMG_0132.jpg

That's really nice, Murray! What an impressive view - and now you get to see autumn colors appearing. How is the plasterboard to work on? Do you coat it with anything first to give it some tooth or is it toothy enough on its own?

This is wonderful, I haven't been out for plein air in sooooo long. You inspire me to pick up my easel and go. Again, I love the depth and colors.

That's really nice, Murray! What an impressive view - and now you get to see autumn colors appearing. How is the plasterboard to work on? Do you coat it with anything first to give it some tooth or is it toothy enough on its own?
Hi Donna. Plasterboard is ok but limited. I figure if it is long lasting enough for painting houses it's ok for practice. It blends beautifully has limited tooth but can take maybe 2 layers without fixative. Slightly uneven surface, bumpy. Great to practice, not so sure about longevity. I don't coat it.

Thanks for the comments.

This is wonderful, I haven't been out for plein air in sooooo long. You inspire me to pick up my easel and go. Again, I love the depth and colors.
Thanks Jo. It was nice to get out. Thanks for the encouragement

Hi Kyle. It's the view up behind the house so it's an everyday scene. Croatia's coast has a line of shield mountains along the coast, this is a local peak I've walked. The other areas a just as dramatic but hard to capture except small stretches that "stand out". I have started a studio piece. It's starting fall here so colours getting interesting, lotsa photos.

Back