Oil painter from Brazil

RenatoNF

This is Renato Fernandes from São Paulo/Brazil. Hello everybody! A little about me, i'm 32, electrical engineer as main profession, but since 2018 i've slowly been painting as a hobby. Started with acrylics, mainly Golden OPEN, and in 2021 I started in oils and felt at home with them. I've kept paintings mostly as a hobby but i've done some commitions here and there. The commitions were portraits and figure painting, and paintings for myself are usually landscapes or cityscapes. I apologize if I've misspelled words, english is my seccond language and i'm not that used to writing until now. Anyway, I'm glad to be here and hope to learn something. I've added two older paintings of mine, the first its me from a time when I lived in Charlottesville/VA for a short while and the second is my wife at our wedding (both acrylics). The rest of the images are from newer paintings, in oils. I'm always available to talk about art, feel free to msg me here or in the link at my signature. Thanks for having me guys!!

IMG_3759.jpg
IMG_3810.jpg
IMG-20220116-WA0034.jpg
20211231_190006.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the site, Renato! Glad to have you on board.

Your paintings are stunning - terrific work. A very nice way to "meet" you and your wife. :) We have lots of acrylic and oil painters here so I hope you feel right at home.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Welcome to the forum Renato! Make yourself at home and thank you for sharing your work, it is very good. I love it. ❤️

Thank you Terri and Snoball! I was just about to add some of my oil paintings, perhaps now you guys can see them too. But thank you, glad you guys liked them!

Hello Renato.
I lived in Sao Paulo for a decade or more.
Your paintings are wonderful, your wife's portrait is beautiful
I hope you show more work.
Ian

Thank you Ian and Perry! Im glad to be part of CS.
That's awesome Ian, how did you find it here in São Paulo? Was it how you would have imagined?

Welcome Renato! I think you will find this a very friendly community of people who make art.

Hello Renato and welcome to the forums! So happy to have you here. Your work is beautiful, wow! You are very talented for sure. I am looking forward to seeing much more of it.

I have an electrical engineer in my family too. Interesting work.

You said you were living in VA for a short time. Where are you living now?

Hey Ayin! Thanks for the warm welcome, very glad to be here. Sure, i'll share my work as I go along doing them, my pleasure!
Yeah, thats my graduation, kinda crazy how painting came into my life from nowhere, hehe.

I lived in VA in 2008 while in college break, for 3 months only, waiting tables at an Ihope, believe it or not hhahaha. Then I came right back to Brazil to finish college. It was only a december to febreary kinda job, on a working visa. I loved the US, but my home is here in Brazil, so i now live in São Paulo/BR.

It's nice to see you and your beautiful work here, Renato! I lived in Charlottesville, VA long before you did for a few years. I'm glad it gave you a good impression of the US!

Thank you Ian and Perry! Im glad to be part of CS.
That's awesome Ian, how did you find it here in São Paulo? Was it how you would have imagined?
Myself and my Brazilian wife created a good life in Sao Paulo. We had good friends and I found the people generally warm and friendly. Sao Paulo is like any metropolis, just a different language which I learned and spoke every day.
I visited most of South America and I enjoyed the experience.

Very impressive paintings, Renato. Welcome to the website. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Thank you Queen Bee, Donna and Olekobe for the kind words!

Yeah Donna, it was a really nice experience living there! Such a bless being able to not only visit but to live and work for a bit in another culture, its a time period i'll always remember.

Thats so cool Ian. E você então deve saber falar e ler em português também, eu imagino, hehe. Fico feliz que tenha gostado do meu país!

Thanks again everyone

I speak and read Portuguese. However, I haven't been back there for over a decade now. I like the language and I miss it at times. If I meet someone here in the UK that speaks Portuguese, it's a real pleasure for me!
My wife spoke perfect English among other languages. As you do yourself, your English is excellent. I hope it's British English, not that American stuff!! 🤣🤣

Back