Now I know how to get my paintings into a major exhibition!

I think Banksy has done this. And I remember someone hung a painting in a relatively obscure area of a museum and it was there for years.

One Christmas season a store (can't remember which one) a dozen plus laptops for sale displayed around a Christmas tree. The laptops were powered on and logged on the internet so people could test them. So I navigated to my gallery, opened full-screen images of one of my wrestler paintings - on all the laptops. It was quite a sight. Went and had a cup of coffee, and they were still up! Went back that afternoon and they were down, and the laptops disconnected from the internet.

speaking of "open wall" Hawaii has the ZOO FENCE - when I lived there you could hang art on the zoo fence and hang out in the zoo for free. Now it's $21 to go to the zoo, and the fence is controlled and you have to pay a fee.

that's something you have to do while you're young. The older you get the harder it is to find someone 45 years older than you to marry.

that's something you have to do while you're young. The older you get the harder it is to find someone 45 years older than you to marry.
Nobody alive is 45 past me now. I suppose that means we're into the dead artist zone again? I'm keeping my ears, thank you.

Nobody alive is 45 past me now. I suppose that means we're into the dead artist zone again? I'm keeping my ears, thank you.
so now it's your turn to help some young lovely 45 years younger than you

Don't assume her fortune is ALL about her older boyfriend. She was doing pretty well before with her older dealer. She went to RISD and has won many awards, etc. Just because she's pretty, that's a "sure-fire way to get into a gallery?... People always assume attractive women need a rich man in order to have success, but it's not always or usually the case. Maybe he likes her because she's young, hot, and was also already successful. We don't know all the details based on this article. Just sayin.

Don't assume her fortune is ALL about her older boyfriend. She was doing pretty well before with her older dealer. She went to RISD and has won many awards, etc. Just because she's pretty, that's a "sure-fire way to get into a gallery?... People always assume attractive women need a rich man in order to have success, but it's not always or usually the case. Maybe he likes her because she's young, hot, and was also already successful. We don't know all the details based on this article. Just sayin.
A good reminder not to automatically shift into snark mode.

Back