My Guernsey

I love the idea of “frankensewing”, Artyczar. A new occupation, 😁. I taught myself to crochet some years back but am only good enough to make blankets!

I can only make scarfs, and could probably pull off a not-so-rectangular blanks because I am always unsure about my turns. I also don't count the stitches...I don't know what constitutes as a stich exactly. It's all like a foreign language to me. :ROFLMAO:

I can only make scarfs, and could probably pull off a not-so-rectangular blanks because I am always unsure about my turns. I also don't count the stitches...I don't know what constitutes as a stich exactly. It's all like a foreign language to me. :ROFLMAO:

So funny, Artyczar!

Sorry, I never saw this to answer. Not anymore, no time. And never as fancy as you, mine was mostly just knit perle, knit perle.
Not to worry, snowball. That’s really all you need to know, the knit stitch and the purl stitch. Pattern language and terms can be daunting but it’s only practice and learning from mistakes.

Now Inktober is over, I can bet back to knitting sleeves. I’m still knitting two at once in circular needled, knitting straight across and back - not in the round. I see Indy has left a few hairs for me to pick off!

92EFC31E-D922-4912-A5F5-DD44BA381275.jpeg
B9660BBC-1F30-40A5-A86F-C4C94B66D1FD.jpeg

Your stitches are beautiful so even. Love the color of the yarn you chose. Looking forward to seeing the finished item.

Thanks, Jane. I’ve been knitting for many years so have had lots of progress.

You're doing beautiful work, Penny! I'm looking forward to seeing the finished piece. Such a deep, rich color. Love it! ❤

Thanks, Terri. 😎 It is a nice colour. I’ve knitted a blue one and a lavender pink And chose this claret colour for myself. I won’t get much knitted today as it’s one of those days when I don’t have a lot of spare energy and have to rest. I might feel like it later.

You do beautiful work, Penny! I miss knitting but after two surgeries on my dominant left hand for arthritis it’s a miracle that I can use a pastel or paintbrush now and then. I loved making cables and thankfully I have enough hats to last a lifetime. 🙂 I look forward to seeing your progress!

I’m sorry it difficult for you to knit these days, Donna. Thank you for looking at my Guernsey. I’ll keep you updated.

Progress report.

I’ve nearly finished the sleeves. I’m attending a knitting group, starting at the beginning of February, and will need my new project (I’ve posted about that, separately) to work on there.

4451AA6B-A1F4-4D31-B160-F0D2D08678AA.jpeg

Back