My Next Project

This is a gorgeous jumper, Penny! I love the colour you’ve chosen. It must have been fun to knit.
I love to knit, too. The most complicated thing I’ve made was a pure wool Salish design sweater for my husband.
I hope the price of your wool hasn’t gone up too much.

Thank you very much, Sanlynn. I like knitting with colour but have always wanted to knit a grey jumper.
i am hankering after knitting another Guernsey. The wool for that is really expensive. I also want to knit a colourwork jacket. I’ve not heard of Salish design and will look it up. I also like Scandinavian desifns.

Thanks, ntl. I am sewing it together and will post a photo of me wearing it when it’s done.

This is just beautiful, Penny. I love the color of this yarn, and you did a great job. Looking forward to seeing it on you!

Thank you, Terri. I’ve enjoyed knitting it. I also don’t mind the sewing together part, either.

Here it is in its finished state. I came out smaller than I wanted so I picked up stitches and knitted a panel on each side and it fits well.
2E5BE0B5-8D37-4BCA-984F-7073B1CF28AC.jpeg

Cozy and beautiful! I'm glad to see you were able to adjust the size so easily. Wonderful work!

Thanks, Terri. It struck me that it would make a good design in two colours, or more, like Norwegian work.

ooo! That does sound interesting, doesn't it? Like color blocking. My mom knits a lot (she's 95!) and still chats casually to me about it while she's working, - and I've still never taken it up. I remain in awe of her and your creations. :)

That us good, Terri. What a shame you didn‘t follow in her footsteps. Norwegian style would be one colour for the background, say, red, and then the motifs in another colour, say white. Or a cream background with red or blue motifs. To be more tricky, it could be three or four colours like Fairisle.

Back