My Guernsey

Schuee

Hello.

The 5ply wool arrived today and I’ve cast on 252 stitches and have bun the ribbing. It is expensive wool and cheaper to buy on cones than by the 100 gm ball.

This is the design from a book by Beth Brown-ReinseI, “Knitting Ganseys”. We call them Guernseys here, i believe Beth is American. she named the design “Newhaven”.

50A02DEE-F047-41B6-8C6F-C3C68E530EA5.png

Thanks, Joy. I thought the colour was a silvery grey when I saw it on line, but it’s a pale lavender. A nice colour, nontheless. 😎

That’s nice, Joy. If it was on a wall, I think it would be called a dove grey! 😎

That looks so difficult, but I don't know how to knit either. I know how to crochet a chain and that's it. Can't turn it either. :ROFLMAO:

My sister and I were shown the basics of knitting when we were young girls, just to see if we'd stay with it I suppose. Neither of us did. ;) We were also given music lessons, which stuck much better!

I really love seeing these WIP shots of your work and reading about the various yarns and stitches, Penny. Even though it's pretty much lost on me at this late date, I can appreciate the planning and execution of this work. I think the pale lavender yarn sounds lovely, though silver would be nice, too. Can't wait to see this one - looks hard!

You made me chuckle, Artyczar. I can picture a never-ending, multu-coloured chain accompanying you into the future! Like every skill, practise makes perfect!
My sister and I were shown the basics of knitting when we were young girls, just to see if we'd stay with it I suppose. Neither of us did. ;) We were also given music lessons, which stuck much better!

I really love seeing these WIP shots of your work and reading about the various yarns and stitches, Penny. Even though it's pretty much lost on me at this late date, I can appreciate the planning and execution of this work. I think the pale lavender yarn sounds lovely, though silver would be nice, too. Can't wait to see this one - looks hard!
Thank you very much, Terri. it is interesting to hear others’ views. I am pleased you enjoy seeing what goes into making a knitted garment.

Back