My Guernsey

Schuee

Hello. This is a Guernsey (gansey to some of you) I am knitting for myself. Its five-ply wool from Flamborough Marine and is in their Claret colour. I tinkered with the design and have completed the body in the round to the arm-holes, then knitted to the shoulders and neck seperately on two needles. I’ve done my sums and chosen parts of the pattern for the sleeves, which I’ve just started.

Attachments

• 935FB4C6-E590-496C-8025-AFF3C337F538.jpeg
    935FB4C6-E590-496C-8025-AFF3C337F538.jpeg
    268.9 KB · Views: 163
  • 7E15AA84-EBA2-4E51-BFE9-06C7DDC67B7D.jpeg
    7E15AA84-EBA2-4E51-BFE9-06C7DDC67B7D.jpeg
    206.5 KB · Views: 160
Beautiful pattern! I can crochet anything, but I find knitting to be awkward and hard on my fingers, so I have only knitted the simplest things. I can't even imagine tackling this. lol!

This is great! I can't knit at all, but can crochet scarves. Ha ha ha!!! This is obviously very skilled. Can't wait to see it finished. :)

Great, as usual, Penny. I could not seem to find Jenna's sculpture. You are both very talented.

Terrific work, Schuee. Soft and cozy looking, yummy! I can't wait to see you wearing this!

Beautiful knitting Schuee. I learned to knit from my grandmother many years ago although I don't usually tackle anything as complex as your sweater. I like your idea to work back & front together until you reach the sleeves.

Thank you, ams. I have started the sleeves and knit a few lines a day, in between other things.

Thank you, Terri. I’m taking the sleeves slowly, in between drawing for Inktober!

Thanks for looking, Cindy. I am still working on the sleeves, though Inktober is taking up time at present. I had a busy day and didn't get my afternoon rest, so I am not knitting this evening.

Thank you, Jane. It just takes practise! I’ve been knitting for a good many years. You only need to know how to knit and to purl to create lovely designs.

My mom tried to teach me, I never did learn how to knit or crochet, but I can sew,

Back