Moon Dancing Again

Enyaw

namuh
spring.jpg

barn.jpg

Both are 11 x 14 oil on paper .. Alla Prima .. Knives .. Painted 22/11/21
Not wanting to paint landscapes but seems I end up there more times than not.
It seems impossible for me to express them in an expressionistic form and yet I try but
fall flat and end up painting them as landscapes. Oh well, such is life.

Well, I know the feeling well. The top one is much more maybe in the direction you want to lean? I personally like it more--more my thing. That cerulean blue water hits me like a truck--I love it!

Beautiful. Love the foreground foliage in the first one and the beautiful color of that water.

Beautiful work! I wouldn't sweat the landscape thing, as long as they turn out this beautifully, Wayne. The second one in particular is calling to me - I just love how those light greens take the eye right up to the house. The blues in the water of the first one are knocking me out. ❤️ Great work.

Keep moon dancing, Wayne. These are really nice and I see expressionism in them. I love the gold grasses in the first one and know that the colors are enhanced for the good of the painting. It takes confidence to do that!

2 masterpiece, wonderful

Thanks Joe .. no master but thank you anyway

Love the second one. Takes me to nan's for summer holidays.

Thanks Cindy .. it was a house that I turned into a barn ..

Beautiful work! I wouldn't sweat the landscape thing, as long as they turn out this beautifully, Wayne. The second one in particular is calling to me - I just love how those light greens take the eye right up to the house. The blues in the water of the first one are knocking me out. ❤️ Great work.

Thank you Terri. My wife tells me the same. She likes it when I work closer to life but I tend to like the enjoyment out of just trashing color and finding things within the shapes and values. It's kind of like a kid in a candy store. The ideas are the candy.

Keep moon dancing, Wayne. These are really nice and I see expressionism in them. I love the gold grasses in the first one and know that the colors are enhanced for the good of the painting. It takes confidence to do that!

Thank you Donna. Yes, they do tend to be more on the side of flare. The confidence is to make a mark and leave it alone. That is taking a lot of time to get. Trusting in your intuition instead of your brain.

In actual fact I painted these from black and white photos. I remove the color from the photo reference and then paint a Notan using one color and 4 or 5 values. I then lay color over that block in making up color as I go and trying to stay within the value scheme.

Great work. That vegetation in the foreground of the first one
is really impressive.

I love the water in that first one too! Both are good but love the blue in that first one. ❤️

Thank you Perry and Sno .. hope you like my excursion into my imagination as well.

I like them both. I know what you mean about trying to paint in a different style. It so often seems to land back in your own unique style. Just enjoy it!

Beautiful both, but the first one attracts me especially with its great color combination of the water and the foliage.

I like them both. I know what you mean about trying to paint in a different style. It so often seems to land back in your own unique style. Just enjoy it!
thanks Anne .. we are who we are .. I'll just have to adjust content when I want to paint expressionistic.

Back