Monthly Art Prompts - May 2023

You've got me interested in this type of photography - I'm going to google pin hole photos. The yellow tire, really nice work!

Sorry, in a dark mood. Thank you, CaliAnn for the prompts. Nice selection to choose from.

Wow, brokequixote, I love your zoo interpretation, plus, you nailed yellow at the same time! Looks like maybe you used Conte sticks?

Thanks! Yeah, crazy pursuit though it is, there's no lack of info out there :) Getting the pinhole size matched to the distance to the film is something that I never get quite right, hence the blurry photo. Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day was just a couple of weeks ago; check out their galleries to see a great variety of examples of what can be done without a lens.
Yes, Conte sticks on postal wrap. The pin hole photography is a whole new world to me. Thanks for posting that photo. There's something about it that's magical.

brokequixote,Jennie,Laika,Wonderful job
My attempt for zoo
2023-05-10 17-59.jpeg

JennieJo, good painting for yellow. I like your choice for bliss too. A variety of paintings but all express the emotion.

Lamar, I like your yellow tire. An interesting choice for the prompt.

Here's mine for yellow. Pen and ink in XL Mix Media sketchbook.

View attachment 30476
Anne, this is gorgeous. Makes me smile!

You've got me interested in this type of photography - I'm going to google pin hole photos. The yellow tire, really nice work!

Sorry, in a dark mood. Thank you, CaliAnn for the prompts. Nice selection to choose from.
Ha, this made me laugh. May not have been the idea but after Anne's yellow flowers it was an abrupt change.

Joe, nice sketches.

Jo, I love your pastel sketch. Wonderful colors and shine on the strainer and cup. Your yellow flowers are the star of the show.

Alabama, colorful, eyecatching works.

This is so delicate and lovely, Anne - I feel your bliss just looking at it!

I happen to like the softness from pinhole photography.
Thanks so much, Terri! And speaking of softness, I intend to try zoneplate - another lensless technique - photography one of these days. I've been lazy on the photography front these days :-(

Back