Monthly Art Prompts - May 2023

Thanks for the list CaliAnn. Looking for some bliss paintings was just what I need. F I knew everyone better. I might say I'm totally knackered:) Bliss
2. Grandaughter on skateboard
3. Ignore bottom left corner. It was a great day!
1. I love living amongst tall trees, but when a sea breeze slaps your face, to me, that's magic.
IMG_20221016_115858_2-01.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG20201227190122-01.jpeg
    IMG20201227190122-01.jpeg
    88.5 KB · Views: 38
  • three ladies abstract x75pix-2-01.jpeg
    three ladies abstract x75pix-2-01.jpeg
    467.1 KB · Views: 38
Jennie: Your Bliss paintings are superb - there is such a freedom to your paintings - your granddaughter on the skateboard conveys the freedom and joy of youth. You are so talented!

Jennie: Your Bliss paintings are superb - there is such a freedom to your paintings - your granddaughter on the skateboard conveys the freedom and joy of youth. You are so talented!
You are very kind. Your support is something I really value.

JennieJo, good painting for yellow. I like your choice for bliss too. A variety of paintings but all express the emotion.

Lamar, I like your yellow tire. An interesting choice for the prompt.

Here's mine for yellow. Pen and ink in XL Mix Media sketchbook.

20230505Sk8 Daffodils.png

Anne: I really like this one - something very fresh, calm and springy about it that appeals to me very much

Thanks for the list CaliAnn. Looking for some bliss paintings was just what I need. F I knew everyone better. I might say I'm totally knackered:) Bliss
2. Grandaughter on skateboard
3. Ignore bottom left corner. It was a great day!
1. I love living amongst tall trees, but when a sea breeze slaps your face, to me, that's magic.View attachment 30385
Nothing like bliss to brighten the day. I especially love the seabliss

Yellow: Used Tires for Sale <---, pinhole photograph
View attachment 30440
You've got me interested in this type of photography - I'm going to google pin hole photos. The yellow tire, really nice work!
Create some art that is inspired by any of this month's prompts. Let your imagination soar. Turn on your creative juices.

All media and styles are welcome (drawing, painting, digital, photography, sculpture, multi-media, representational, abstract, etc.). It can be something done quickly, a finished work of art or anything in between. It can be created from your imagination, from life or a photo reference. If you use a photo reference, please make sure it has no applicable copyright restrictions.

Here are the prompts for May. Have fun interpreting them.

Yellow
Bliss
Zoo

Post your finished (or unfinished) art in this thread. Post any time during the month, as many times as you would like.
Tell us a little about the work if you so desire. For example, you could include the medium you used, where you got your inspiration or how long it took. When you post, it's always nice to "like" or comment on posts made earlier in the thread by other artists. We all like acknowledgement of our work!

For help in finding reference images online, click on the link: Tutorial: How to Find Copyright-Free Reference Images.
If you have copyright-free images that go along with the prompts that you would like to share, you can post them in this thread for others to use.

If you would like to provide prompts for a month, sign up here.
Sorry, in a dark mood. Thank you, CaliAnn for the prompts. Nice selection to choose from.

Attachments

• 20230510_081435.jpg
    20230510_081435.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 35
Wow, brokequixote, I love your zoo interpretation, plus, you nailed yellow at the same time! Looks like maybe you used Conte sticks?

You've got me interested in this type of photography - I'm going to google pin hole photos. The yellow tire, really nice work!
Thanks! Yeah, crazy pursuit though it is, there's no lack of info out there :) Getting the pinhole size matched to the distance to the film is something that I never get quite right, hence the blurry photo. Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day was just a couple of weeks ago; check out their galleries to see a great variety of examples of what can be done without a lens.

Back