Monthly Art Prompts: March 2022 (Formerly Weekly Art Events)

Here's an Acrylic I've just finished painting.
Purple/Blue Crocus
20220324_134658.jpg

Anne - Thank you! It has photographed more blue than purple, but you get the idea.

Triss great job with the cables.

Anne great looking birds

Jennie they both look good.

Jo great detail on the pretzel bag.

Anne another good one.

Jo good job on the folds.

Wayne fantastic job on the bottle.

Vivien even if it isn't hoe you expected the flower still turned out grate.

Penny it looks good.

Anne I kinda like the crocus better but they’re both great. Also the pistachios look even better in color.

Vivien I really like that combination of purple and green. The colors really work well together.

Next time I have to remember to start commenting on peoples work before the end of the month.

I’ve had a lot going on lately so I was worried I wouldn't get mine done in time.
I’ve had some copyright free black and white pictures that I’ve wanted to try for awhile now. Figured a purple monochrome version would work so I gave it a try. Of course it would have been easier if I had and actual tube of purple instead of having to mix it every time but it came out better then I expected.
Its still a rush job compared to how long I usually take but its 4.5” x 6” oil on paper.

20220328_120406.jpg

I’ve had a lot going on lately so I was worried I wouldn't get mine done in time.
I’ve had some copyright free black and white pictures that I’ve wanted to try for awhile now. Figured a purple monochrome version would work so I gave it a try. Of course it would have been easier if I had and actual tube of purple instead of having to mix it every time but it came out better then I expected.
Its still a rush job compared to how long I usually take but its 4.5” x 6” oil on paper.

View attachment 20275
Love your purple portrait!

Very nice 16ga. I love working in monochrome too. Your mixed purple has such a wonderful range of values. The mix was a perfect choice.

Glad you were able to join us.

That’s good, 16ga - your purple period! 😁
Thank you for your comment on mine.

Thanks to everyone who participated this month. Beautiful art by all!

The prompts for April are up here.

If you would like to provide prompts for a month, sign up here.

Thanks to everyone who participated this month. Beautiful art by all!

The prompts for April are up here.

If you would like to provide prompts for a month, sign up here.
There was a mistake in the sign-up link. The correct link to sign up for providing prompts is here.

Back