Monthly Art Prompts: March 2022 (Formerly Weekly Art Events)

Triss - Great work on your 2 telegraph poles and I love the purple sky in the first and the purple and orange sky in the second. Both have a completely different feel to them!

Anne - Sweet little birds chattering away to each other! A good idea for Communicate! Lovely, salty Pistachios!

JennieJo - I like your abstracts purple sketches! It would be interesting to see the final paintings?

Jo - Yum! Great drawing of Pretzels and purple towel!

Enyaw - Haha Purple after-effects for sure! Beautiful painting!

Thanks for Hosting Anne - mine is still to get itself on to the paper! But it is coming.

Thanks for Hosting Anne - mine is still to get itself on to the paper! But it is coming.
Thanks for the comments Vivien. I'm looking forward to seeing yours. There's lots of time yet.

Here's my purple painting. Not one that turned out the way I wanted it too! I thought I'd use my water-soluble Neocolor II, as I hadnt used them for a very long time, but they came out very grainy.
20220309_152514.jpg

Vivien, love, love your purple. Grainy looks good for texture.

Penny, purple power for sure. Made me smile.

Thanks for commenting, Viv. Purple prose is also over-wordy, florid writing. 😁

Nice one Viv. I know what you mean about the graininess. They are fun to use but don't give a smooth result. Despite that, I really like how this lovely little purple flower came out.

Penny, very creative approach to purple. You always manage to come up with some very unique. Good job!

I did some purples as well. I wanted to experiment with different color media.

The first is a purple crocus done in Inktense. I used the pencils as well as the travel pan kit.

20220310Sk6 Crocus (Matthiasboeckel, Pixabay).png

This one is a purple lotus done in traditional watercolor.

20220310Sk6 Purple Lotus (pixel2013, Pixabay).png

I also tried Inktense over water-soluble graphite by adding color to the pistachios I did before.

20220304(C) Pistachios (Alexas_Fotos, Pixabay).png

I think if I am going to work in color, I prefer traditional watercolor by itself. The colors feel a little clearer to me than the inktense. I didn't find the inktense to be as permanent as I had hoped so it didn't really layer any better than traditional watercolor. I really enjoyed working in watercolor since I haven't done so in quite a while.

Thank you, Anne. I like coming up with somethiing different. 😁

I like your flowers And pistashios. I tried Inktense but haven’t come to grips with them, yet. I do like water colours.

Reactions: ams
Anne - Lovely paintings and I particularly like the Waterlily! I love Inktense pencils, but after using them for years, find they are better used for just parts of a painting, than completing the whole painting with them. I often use them with Watercolor, and I do like their bright colors.

Anne - Lovely paintings and I particularly like the Waterlily! I love Inktense pencils, but after using them for years, find they are better used for just parts of a painting, than completing the whole painting with them. I often use them with Watercolor, and I do like their bright colors.
Thanks Vivien. I like your idea to use Inktense pencils for part of a painting rather than the whole thing. They work well for little details and lines but not so well for large areas.

Anne, such lovely watercolors. The flowers are gorgeous and the pistachios make me hungry. You have such a descriptive touch in your sketches.

Penny, thank you.

Back