Monthly Art Prompts - February 2023

Jo: Your pastel painting for feet is simply brilliant! I'm glad you posted these - you are such a great pastelist and I love your work! ❤️

Thanks, CaliAnn. I did another feet sketch in pastels for you. It is about 9 x 12 on a piece of wiped off MiTientes paper where I sketch for the Scavenger Hunts. About an hour from wipe off to photos, a variety of soft pastels. Fun to play in the dust.

cs-prompt-feet.jpg

Jo, lovely feet and wonderful pastel work. Your recent one is great. I love the subtle color changes in the jeans and on the rock.

Great idea to re-use paper if you can. I can't since ink and watercolor don't rub off, but I economize by working both sides in a sketchbook.

Anne, very nice dolphin!
Sylwia, I love that beautiful, moody ocean! Reminds me of a certain Emil Nolde painting.
Jo, you are awfully good with those pastels!

Thanks all y’all. I do like pastels. They are like drawing and painting at the same time. Addictive.

Feet...

My photographer friend and I were having lunch in a riverside cafe when a mother and daughter walked in and sat down at a table near us. The girl was wearing these. We immediately pulled out our sneaky pocket digital cameras and took pictures of her golden slippers.

1676666003782.jpeg

Notice that they're Converse All Star, I was wearing those when I was a kid.

Super cool Zen! Funny how things come back in fashion - just hope that those awful tight short shorts for men don't come back! :LOL:

Funny how things come back in fashion -
Every summer when school let out, when I was a kid, my folks bought me a new pair of these "basketball shoes" - we didn't call them sneakers. The other top brand was US Keds. They were cheap. We wore them all summer vacation to save the leather on our good shoes. We wore them every day, by late August they looked bad and smelled bad, just in time for school and good shoes. :)

just hope that those awful tight short shorts for men don't come back! :LOL:
CaliAnn! What have you been looking at?! How did you jump from feet to tight shorts?? What I find ridiculous are the long and baggy clown shorts that young guys wear for sports or the beach. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Love the basketball shoes, Zen. I never had any as a kid. We wore boots and saddle shoes in the dirt and rocks in New Mexico. Ha.

Back