Monthly Art Prompts August 22

CaliAnn

Create some art that is inspired by any of this month's prompts. Let your imagination soar. Turn on your creative juices.
All media and styles are welcome (drawing, painting, digital, photography, sculpture, multi-media, representational, abstract, etc.). It can be something done quickly, a finished work of art or anything in between. It can be created from your imagination, from life or a photo reference. If you use a photo reference, please make sure it has no applicable copyright restrictions.
Here are the prompts for June. Have fun interpreting them.

Circus
Holiday
Geometric

Post your finished (or unfinished) art in this thread. Post any time during the month, as many times as you would like.
Tell us a little about the work if you so desire. For example, you could include the medium you used, where you got your inspiration or how long it took. When you post, it's always nice to "like" or comment on posts made earlier in the thread by other artists. We all like acknowledgement of our work!
Let the prompts spark your creativity. The most important thing is to have fun.
For help in finding reference images online, click on the link: Tutorial: How to Find Copyright-Free Reference Images.
Tutorial: How to Find Copyright-Free Reference Images.
If you have copyright-free images that go along with the prompts that you would like to share, you can post them in this thread for others to use.
If you would like to provide prompts for a month, sign up here.

Holiday: Tuckered out lil halloween kitty. Watercolor:

HalloweenKitty.png

CaliAnn, how adorable your kitty is. Love it!

Here's my first one for Circus:

20220801Sk7 Lion-Ink (27707, Pixabay).png

Sakura Micron 005 pen on XL Mix Media sketch pad, about 6" square. I started with a pencil sketch and then added the ink.

My original plan was to add watercolor but I'm not sure. I kind of like it this way. If I decide to add color, I'll post again later in the thread.

Anne: Your lion is gorgeous! I don't think you should add watercolor to it either - I think he looks more powerful as is. Love it!

JennieJo, I get a good feeling when I look at yours. I look forward to seeing it finished.

Joe, good sketches of the elephants in the circus.

JennieJo: I love where this is going. The colors are awesome. Can't wait to see more!
Thanks CaliAnn. I'm thinking of bringing out the punks and deep greens. But that's as far as I've gone. Hoping to be B A Brave Bold Artist (#BABBA) next week.

Thank you all, glad you like them. I recommend seeing Heinr0icoh, it's incredible and there's fantasy it's a harmony, incredible, maybe cartoons is today's cinema comes from his drawings of decades before, however incredibly beautiful draws

Back