Monthly Art Prompts August 22

AD8DBC3D-74CD-4F68-8091-CF68D5C26CF3.jpeg

24BFA3BC-3ECB-42F2-962F-AF969143042B.jpeg

I recommend seeing Heinr0icoh, it's incredible and there's fantasy it's a harmony, incredible, maybe cartoons is today's cinema comes from his drawings of decades before, however incredibly beautiful draws
Joe, I looked for images by Heinrich Kley as you recommended, and your wonderful drawing of the dancing elephant really captures some of the playful energy of his drawing. Very nice work on your part, and I'm glad that you suggested looking in to Kley's fabulous drawings! I'm gonna enjoy searching out more of his images :)

Freedom and expectation of good times.
JennieJo, you nailed that feeling in your Holiday figure, and I love the colors that you chose!

Last edited:
Thanks Anne. They were quick sketch paintings. I have about 30 more pencil sketches of dance and geisha .... LOL! Sometimes I get carried away on an idea :)

I found this mask that looked pretty festive to me so I'm using it for holiday but I don't know if it might have some special signifigance somewhere.

Ink and watercolor, about 5" x 6" in XL Mix Media sketch book.

20220810Sk7 Mask (pexels).jpg

Wholey, nice clown. It does bring back memories of attending a circus.

CaliAnn, what creative responses to geometric. I especially love your ballerina.
Cool! I’ve never so didn’t understand what a circus clown looks like ha ha glad I still rendered one that looks circus

Back