May 2022 Animal And Wildlife Challenge

CaliAnn, Penny, Anne.

Thank you for nice comments on my drawing ! :)
Cheers,
Patricia

Fedetony, pcj,
you both did a magical job with the dog, beautiful.
ams, i really like your penguin painting, beautiful every color, shade.

This a quick sketch of the penquin using intense inks on a marker sketch pad. Sorry it is late but I have been busy and the month has flown by

I have a look at everyone work and I love them all and I do not think I can add to the comnents.

Lesley
D56066CC-030E-437E-ADE7-2B928DB40F31.jpeg

Lesley
Lovely penguin. I like the tilt of his head.

You're not late ! People can post until the end of the month - and even beyond !

Cheers,
Patricia

Joe1It

Very nice drawing. You captured his pose perfectly.
Cheers,
Patricia

Joe1lt, good job on the kangaroo. The proportions, shading and pose are all just right.

Anne, penguin is adorable,
Patricia, your charcoal drawing is great, well measured between proportions and shadows.
Lesley, great attempt on the penguin.
Joe, nice you try graphite drawing. You could try to make only shadows and do not use it to deligniate borders. I know is the contrary of what we normally do, but this way the shapes appear realistic :). Where there is light you leave blank, where there is dark you draw, , more layers, more dark. Blonde tip is the best for this. Use H first, then 2B then back to H very softly for the paper to keep the tooth. If its gone, then use fixative and keep layering :). use a cotton bud to difusse the graphite. :)

pcj, ams, fedetony, CaliAnn,
thanks for the nice words.
fedetony, thank you so much for your help and clear directions

Back