Loving Hokusai

Desforges

I was fascinated by his famous wave as everyone else.
I even have a pair of Japanese pants with his wave all over as a pattern.
then painted these three.
The rabbits are japanese candy wrappers.
These are 7"x9", trying to get the right swing with a credit card. :)))

Hokusai6.jpg

hokusai 9.jpg

hokusai8.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful!

Now I see it. I can't believe I didn't before--the Asian influence in all your work. It's wonderful and it gives it something even more extraordinary in their narratives and style.

sometimes I think that one of these days, I am going to get it right.
Will get up, put the canvases on the kitchen table, load the credit card with paint and
sssswinnnggggo!
:) :) :)

they are wonderful works.
nice also what you say about Hokusaki, Japanese prints are so beautiful. I like to see them but I don't know much about it.
I recently saw the documentary Van Gogh and Japan, I think it was beautiful and also stunning.

Beautiful ! I really like the last two very much.

I love and admire Japanse prints and these have the spirit and colors I am attracted to.

they are wonderful works.
nice also what you say about Hokusaki, Japanese prints are so beautiful. I like to see them but I don't know much about it.
I recently saw the documentary Van Gogh and Japan, I think it was beautiful and also stunning.
Thank you all for the comments ! I did not think much of them but love Japanese art.
I went to Amsterdam and visited the Van Gogh Museum. I was so surprised to see all that he had painted and those oriental like compositions. I didn’t know that part of his work. What I like about the Japanese art is the exactitude of the one line. My son had many tattoos done in Japan and they are fantastic. I also love Japanese pottery, even the common ones. I collect them.

Last edited:
in fact, I did not imagine the influence of Japanese art in his work and that he loved it.
they talked a little about these works that he had done at some point in his career.

beautiful then the tattoos and belel the ceramics, I don't know much about Japanese ceramics in reality, only a few masks come to mind and I think some beautiful vases (details, kind of enamel, I don't know, strong), I have to look,
ceramics in general I remember that I liked that I remember many years ago on a trip there were these shops, that I was looking for souvenir shops especially to scrutinize this.

I had a colour mixed at the paint store for the background , an acrylic base. I often use that as a background. I think that the Prussian blue in from the tube with titanium. The details are just reactions to that background. I am not very careful with formulas. I once painted something that never dried. I found blue fingerprints for years. 🙂

Love these they have such vibrancy and those little details are a delight. I can see the wave, particularly in the second

Back