Longstock Park Water Gardens

Arnie

mini-LWG_1.JPG

Visited here earlier in the year: a series of small islands with small bridges between, just next to the river Test in Hampshire. Lots of green, but tried to warm it up with the yellow grasses and carmine flowers for the centre of interest.

C&C Appreciated. Thanks for looking. Arnie

Sennelier soft pastels on Yellow/Sand Sennelier pastel card 30x40 cm.

Thanks JStarr and Hausamann.

Beautiful! I just love those reflections and the various angles of the bridges and trees.
Thanks Kay. I thought the strong lines would make for an interesting composition so thanks for commenting on them. I see I've missed off the far central support off the near bridge, so will have fix it otherwise it will bug me.

Looks great! I love the repeating bridges.

As far as CC maybe add some more atmospheric perspective for a little extra depth. Depends on how you want to push the environment though. Some extra fog might make sense or it might not depending!

Arnie, you are so prolific. This piece is no exception to your gorgeous output. Wonderful scene. Every part is magical. ♥️

Looks great! I love the repeating bridges.

As far as CC maybe add some more atmospheric perspective for a little extra depth. Depends on how you want to push the environment though. Some extra fog might make sense or it might not depending!
Thanks Tam. Thanks also for the CC.

Arnie, you are so prolific. This piece is no exception to your gorgeous output. Wonderful scene. Every part is magical. ♥️
Thanks Ayin. This one came together quite quickly, with no rework and single coat of fixative, so its retained the brightness. Practice makes perfect!

Back